Journeys International has announced it has added South Korea to its portfolio of travel destinations.
The first pre-scheduled trip departs September 28, although custom trips can depart any time. When traveling with Journeys, travelers can expect a native Korean, fluent English-speaking personal guide who will highlight South Korea's culture and modern developments.
Highlights of the itinerary include:
- Seoul, the capital and largest metropolis of South Korea, including visits to Gyeongbok Palace, the National Folklore Museum, and Jogyesa Temple, the main temple for the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism.
- Andong, known as a center for cultural and ancient folk traditions, where visitors will explore Gyeongju’s tombs, palaces and temples.
- Busan, South Korea’s second-largest urban center, with the beautiful Dongbaekseom Island boasting many dongbaek trees and evergreens.
- Jeju Island, with natural attractions that include Hallim Park, Suwolbong Peak and the Sangumburi Crater.
- DMZ, which serves as a buffer zone between South and North Korea, and where guests can gain a better understanding of the history and fraught relationship between the two Koreas.