Marriott is on track to double its portfolio in Europe from 40,000 rooms to 80,000 rooms by 2015 with a strong focus on new development in Russia & CIS. Today, the company announced it will grow its existing portfolio in the region by more than 50 percent to more than 30 hotels open by 2015.
Marriott International currently operates 19 hotels in Russia & CIS across six lodging brands and has committed to opening an additional 11 hotels over the next three years including the:
• The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty, Kazakhstan
• Krasnodar Marriott Hotel, Russia
• Tsaghkadzor Marriott Hotel, Armenia
• Baku Marriott Amburan Beach Resort, Azerbaijan
• Renaissance Kiev Hotel, Ukraine
• Marriott Krasnaya Polyana Hotel, Russia
• JW Marriott Sochi Golf Resort, Russia
• Courtyard by Marriott Sochi Plaza Hotel, Russia
• Krasnoyarsk Marriott Hotel, Russia
• Voronezh Marriott Hotel, Russia
• Moscow Marriott Novy Arbat Hotel, Russia
Carlton Ervin, chief development officer for Marriott in Europe said, “We see particular opportunity in the capital cities for our luxury and lifestyle brands including The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION and Autograph Collection, as well as great potential in the mid-tier segment for our Courtyard by Marriott brand in regional cities across Russia. ”
Marriott International operates six brands across Russia & CIS-The Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott and Marriott Executive Apartments.