Key Holidays' Reno Fun Train and Snow Train is celebrating 51 years of service in 2014 with new themes and special guest riders. From a Motown Journey with Martha Reeves to a Valentine’s Day romance on the railroad, guests can choose from itineraries operating February 4 through March 14.
The 15-car, 600-passenger excursion train operates as the Reno Fun Train on the weekends and Reno Snow Train on the weekdays, complete with a dance car, piano lounge, smoking car with cigar lounge and onboard gift shop. All fares include round trip coach seating from various cities in California including Emeryville, Richmond (BART connection), Martinez, Suisan and Sacramento plus Roseville on the Snow Train, two-night hotel accommodations, entertainment and light meals on board. Guests are welcome to bring their own drinks and snacks on board with ice and glasses supplied.
Weekend Fun Train (Over 21 Party Train):
- Departing on Friday with return Sunday, from Feb. 7 through March 14, 2014, the Reno Fun Train begins at $299 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Feb. 7: Soul Train - Featuring DJ Tony Sandoval with 98.1 KISS FM playing old school hits from the 70’s and 80’s.
- Feb. 14: Love Train - A Minister and Elvis Tribute Artist will be conducting renewal of vows with added romantic décor. Perfect setting for those celebrating an anniversary, civil marriage or Reno destination wedding.
- Feb. 21: Aloha! Hawaiian
- Feb. 28: Mardi Gras
- Mar. 7: Chocolate and Wine Tasting
- Mar. 14: St. Patrick’s Day/International Beer Tasting
Reno Weekday Snow Train (Family friendly, ideal for retirees):
Departing on Tuesday with return Thursday, from Feb. 4 through March 11, 2014, the Reno Snow Train begins at $269 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Feb. 4: Motown - Featuring the “Queen of Motown Soul,” Martha Reeves and Bay Area Soul Trio, “Top Shelf.”
- Feb. 11: Johnny Cash & Classic Country
- Feb. 18: Aloha! Hawaiian
- Feb. 25: Hooray for Hollywood
- Mar. 4: Fat Tuesday
- Mar. 11: Rockin’ Round The 50’s
Upgrade to reserved Dome Car seats in Pullman Gold Service aboard the weekend Fun Train and weekday Snow Train is $150 per person and includes reserved Dome Seat and 3-course luncheon round trip.