Report: Mexico Detains Suspect in Killings of Two Americans

The Associated Press is reporting that Chihuahua state police say soldiers have arrested a suspect in the killings of three people linked to the U.S. consulate in Ciudad Juarez.

Police spokesman Enrique Torres says the Mexican army arrested the suspect on Friday.

Consulate employee Lesley A. Enriquez and her husband, Arthur H. Redelfs, were killed March 13 when gunmen attacked their car after they left a birthday party. The husband of a Mexican employee of the consulate was killed in a separate attack.

Torres said Monday the suspect is a leader of the Barrio Azteca gang but he gave no other details.
U.S. and Mexican authorities say the Barrio Azteca gang works for the Juarez drug cartel.

Immediately following the murders, the U.S. Department of State issued a travel warning, which remains in effect.


 

Read more on

Suggested Articles

A guide to the top luxury hotels in Florence, including the best service, Arno views, beautiful gardens and opulent interiors. See more here.

The flights had been cancelled following an FAA restriction on airspace over Iran and the Persian Gulf that was issued in June. More here.

The resort has started taking reservations for February 2020 at the new Desire Mansion. Learn more here.