As summer winds down, Caribbean suppliers are stepping up their game with a host of travel agent deals and specials. Travel Agent has rounded up some top picks to be aware of before the end of the season:
1. ID Travel Group is offering travel agents 15 percent commission through September 1 on its new IDx brand. IDx is a curated collection of complete resorts in the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico.
In addition to the increased commission, travel agents can also earn $100 for every 20 room nights booked at an IDx property through December 31, as part of the company's Endless Earnings Booking Bonus.
2. MLT Vacations is rolling out an early booking sale for 2014. Available through Delta Vacations, United Vacations and Aeromexico Vacations, agents can save up to 65 percent for their clients when booking by September 1 for travel between January 1 and April 30, 2014. Participating hotels are MLT Vacations' Gold, Silver and Bronze Preferred Picks.
3. Travel Impressions is celebrating back to school with its Back 2 Savings event. When booking through August 18 for travel from August 19 through November 30, travelers will enjoy resort credits, two-for-one activities, meals and more at Caribbean resorts.
4. Sandals is gearing up for its new Sandals La Source Grenada Resort & Spa with a pre-opening sale. Depending on room category, agents can save up to 65 percent and receive an air credit of up to $355, one free night and a free couples massage. The new resort opens December 12.
5. Finally, Pink Sands Resort on Harbour Island in the Bahamas isn't quite ready to let go of the season with its Endless Summer Savings deal. The deal offers 25 percent off stays through October 31 when booked before August 31. The resort is closed seasonally from September 1 through October 7.
Keep visiting www.travelagentcentral.com for the latest Caribbean news, trends and updates.