|Photo by Freeimages.com/DraganSasic|
The 8th annual Kohler Festival of Beer is set to take place April 29 through May 1 in Wisconsin.
The celebration brings together brewmasters from across the country at Destination Kohler, and includes offerings for beer enthusiasts including food pairing experiences, tastings, educational seminars, culinary demonstrations, live music, and a 5K Beer Run/Walk.
This year the line-up of new events includes an interactive grilling experience, college kegger-themed party, sessions on homebrewing, beer-infused cooking, and craft beer trends.
The celebration will also have educational opportunities for craft beer fans of all levels and interests. Brewmasters, cicerones, chefs and chocolatiers will be hosting educational sessions throughout the weekend, including:
- Beer Infused Foods ($35), Friday at 5pm – Learn how to incorporate and infuse beer into foods and recipes.
- Art of Homebrewing ($40), Saturday at 10am – Learn the techniques, tips and secrets to create beer at home.
- Beer 101 ($30), Saturday at 2pm – Gain insight into the basics of beer and brewing history, proper pouring techniques and glassware.
- Craft Beer Trends, ($30) Saturday at 4pm – Get a taste of the latest trends in the craft beer industry from a certified cicerone.
- The Art of Grilling ($120) on Saturday at 5pm includes a session on grilling basics, tips and tricks hosted by resort chefs.
In addition, one brewery will be allowed the opportunity to showcase its portfolio of craft beer this year.
The “Not Your College Kegger” ($40) late-night party on Saturday is taking place from 8-11pm, hosted by 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. in the Fest Tent. Also, the chefs of Destination Kohler will be preparing late night dishes that pair well with select annual and seasonal beers from 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. in Sheboygan County.
The events will have performances by regional bands including Copperbox, Marc Croft Band, DJ Sye Young and Sammy Llanas, the former lead singer of the BoDeans.
- “Hops the Shops” ($40) begins the weekend with a pairing event at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from 8-11pm.
- Regional chefs collaborate with brewers to share grilled dishes with beer pairings at Shorts and Chefs ($40) on Saturday from 11am-1pm.
- A “Cheers to Beers” ($90) tasting gala on Saturday from 6-9pm has high-end and hard-to-find beers at Kohler Design Center, a showroom of Kohler Co. products and services.
Visitors can also enjoy beer-themed menu items at the restaurants, which includes an al fresco beer garden and special offers at Woodlake Market. Resort restaurants serve unique food and beverage specials at various locales including Horse & Plow Restaurant & Pub, Cucina has lively music and small bites at the Goose Island Beer Garden located in the breezeway at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from Noon-6pm and Saturday from 10am-6pm. Also, The Wisconsin Room hosts a Friday evening Sierra Nevada Lobster & Seafood Buffett and the Beer Lovers Brunch ($40) on Sunday morning.
Kohler Festival of Beer overnight package prices start at $160 per person.