|Artist's rendering of the B Ocean lobby in Fort Lauderdale|
B Hotels & Resorts, the lodging industry’s newest lifestyle brand, was launched at The Lodging Conference this week. Based in SouthFlorida, B Hotels & Resorts aims to be an innovative brand alternative for the conversion of existing flagged and independent hotels.
With three property designations— hotel, resort and boutique— B Hotels & Resorts properties will primarily be in major urban and resort destinations in the United States and Caribbean. Ultimately, the brand will be found in global destinations, say officials.
Leadership of B Hotels& Resorts includes CEO & President Ayelet Weinstein, Corporate Vice President and Brand Marketing Christopher Tompkins and an Advisory Council of experts from various segments of the travel industry.
Weinstein has specialized in the acquisition, finance, development, operation and marketing of residential, hospitality and mixed-use assets. Tompkins has worked on the corporate and property levels for Carlson, Hilton, Hard Rock, Starwood and others.
Consistent across all B Hotels & Resorts will be several B Signatures, including:
• B Ambiance – Sound, lighting and scent speak to the subliminal mind and have definitive mood-altering effects on how guests interact with a hotel brand.
• B Social – As a brand focused on people, communal seating, tables and gathering spaces are standard in B Hotels & Resorts dining establishments and public spaces.
• B in Touch – Complimentary Internet access throughout all B Hotels & Resorts public spaces and guestrooms allow business colleagues, friends and family the power to always B in Touch.
• B Nourished – Food and beverage offerings include a signature restaurant, bar, in-room dining, pool/patio dining, banquets, catering and the B’Stro, with a variety of fresh and organic menu selections.
• B Active – As part of the Well B-ing Program, each hotel will offer a fitness center where guests can exercise and/or re-energize.
• B Indulged – Each B hotel will feature a B Indulged limited-service Spa Suite or full-service B Indulged Spa.
• B Adventurous – Applying the cruise industry’s model, this key element has been designed and developed specifically for leisure travelers who want to explore and discover all that each destination has to offer.
• B Green– B Hotels & Resorts encourages and supports green initiatives and sustainable alternatives during the renovation process and long-term operations.
B Ocean Fort Lauderdale Makes its Debut
During the brand launch event, the company unveiled its flagship property, B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. Located on Fort Lauderdale Beach, B Ocean will have 240 rooms, complimentary Internet access, 8,000 square-feet of meeting space and “unique dining concepts.”
B Ocean will begin accepting guest reservations in October. The hotel is currently accepting group and event bookings. The hotel will open in December with a grand opening celebration in early 2011. The property features a variety of accommodations including two Master Suites, 22 B Enhanced Junior Suites, 54 Stunning and Stunning Curve Rooms – boasting panoramic floor to ceiling windows – and 162 Chic, Captivating and Captivating Curve Rooms. Each room and suite features The Blissful Bed – a signature bedding package from B Hotels & Resorts, designer white leather-front furnishings, a 37” or 42” HD LCD television and signature branded retail items including B Bags.
The flagship property will feature all of the B Signatures, with a B Active Fitness Center, B Indulged Spa Suite and B Adventurous program.