It’s an all too familiar occurrence: a weary traveler steps off the plane and walks to the baggage claim only to find his/her luggage didn’t arrive despite paying a significant checking fee. Recognizing the stress that creates, The Stafford London by Kempinski has implemented a new army of knights in shining armor ready to come to each frazzled traveler’s rescue.
The hotel’s Baggage Emergency Response Squad is on call 24-hours a day to bring guests peace of mind by alleviating the headaches that come with misplaced luggage. Lead by Assistant Head Concierge Peter Knell— who boasts 15 years experience as a concierge in London— this team springs into action the moment a guest walks in the door sans bags with a three-step operation:
1. Immediate First Aid— Upon arrival, guests receive their own “First Aid Kit.” These customized, complimentary packs are stocked with essential personal items and are tailored for both men and women. They include:
* Packaged “knickers” from fine English retailers
* Pair of wool socks from the Jermyn Street establishment
* Customized Stafford teddy bear for children who may have stowed teddy away
* The hotel’s signature Floris bath products with additional necessities including a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, razors, shaving cream, and contact solution
2. Hostage Negotiations – While the guest is relaxing in the comfort of his/her suite, the squad will consult with the airlines on the guest’s behalf to ensure expedited arrival of the detained luggage.
3. Quick Cleanup – To ensure guests have a fresh start the next day, the squad can also provide fast, complimentary laundering of arrival clothes. Immediate shopping on behalf of the guest to replace necessary items such as a suit for the next’s day’s business meeting can also be arranged; all items can be provided within two hours pending time of day.
Kempinski notes that the First Aid Kit, immediate laundering service, and concierge support are provided complimentary, 24-hours a day, seven days a week. All special request items (i.e. business suit) will be billed at cost back to the guest. Staff sourcing, however, is complimentary.