Malliouhana, Auberge Resort Collection, a beachside resort in Anguilla, will open its doors on December 15, welcoming back guests to a refreshed and updated resort experience overlooking Meads Bay and Turtle Cove after nearly a year of restoration and enhancements.
On the horizon in early 2019, Malliouhana will open 11 new beachfront suites, four garden suites and a two-bedroom beachfront villa, along with a completely new Auberge Spa and gathering spaces.
- Each of the current 46 oceanfront rooms and suites has been restored to showcase the design by Todd Avery Lenahan of TAL Studio. Chinoiserie and British Colonial pieces complement early 20th century deco and rattan pieces, and splashes of yellow brighten the space. The views over Meads Bay remain unchanged.
- The two-tiered infinity edge pools will debut new cabanas. The yellow and white striped umbrellas and color scheme will welcome back sun worshippers and the existing pool deck will be expanded outwards towards the cliff edge, creating a perch overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- The Restaurant at Malliouhana offers a Mediterranean-inspired culinary experience and a brand-new bar set in the heart of the restaurant, creating a new spot where friends and family can gather.
- The Sunset Bar will unveil a new vibe with vaulted ceilings, long Turkish banquettes and lit birdcages placed throughout, all evoking an exotic film set.
- A “toes in the sand” beach bar experience will offer locally inspired snacks and full meals, along with a curated selection of regional beers, rum and cocktails, all inspired by the flavors of the island.
- Malliouhana’s original highlights have been returned to their spots, including a collection of animated jungle scenes depicting the Garden of Eden and painted by Haitian artist Jasmin Joseph.
- New Auberge Adventures will also be unveiled prior to the winter season, inviting guests to seek out and explore Anguilla.
Also debuting in early 2019, the Malliouhana experience will be further enhanced with new amenities and offerings to include:
- A new two-bedroom beachfront villa on Turtle Cove Beach, which will come with a landscaped portico, garden patio, private plunge pool and indoor/outdoor bathroom with free standing tub. The villa’s design is in keeping with the signature style from TAL Studio, with Caribbean colors and pieces such as seashell chandeliers throughout the abode.
- The 11 new beachfront suites have a wide-open and residential feel, with windows facing each direction and oversized balconies. Four new garden suites have ground floor terraces and are ideal spots to relax and watch the sun rise or set.
- The Auberge Spa will be expanded to debut six new treatments rooms and a brand-new pool overlooking the ocean.
- An all-new meeting and gathering space just off the lobby will be able to host gatherings and C-Suite retreats for up to 60 people, with views of the ocean.
Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection announced it is taking reservations. Travelers can book rates beginning at $795 per night.
For more information, visit malliouhana.aubergeresorts.com.