Luxury network Virtuoso has released its Best of the Best: 2010 Guide to the World's Best Hotel Experiences, which highlights the hotels and resorts of its elite worldwide membership, featuring properties in unique locations, with acclaimed services and top-drawer amenities. Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts currently includes more than 800 properties in 89 countries.
This year's guide features a cover shot of the One&Only Cape Town in South Africa (right) an urban chic waterfront resort with views of Table Mountain and a private Spa Island. The first page presents the exclusive Virtuoso amenities that await consumers when they reserve their stay through a Virtuoso travel advisor, such as room upgrades, breakfast for two daily, early check-in and late check-out, as well as preferred rates and availability.
According to Albert Herrera, vice president of hotels, destinations and tours for Virtuos, all properties "are re-evaluated each year to ensure [Virtuoso maintains] the highest standards in service, room quality, and overall experience."
* Annual Best of the Best Award Winners: Singled out by travel advisors as extraordinary
* Virtuoso Lifestyle: Villas and private retreats
* Africa and Middle East: Wildlife-filled savannahs, ancient wonders and timeless cultures
* Asia and Pacific. Venture to a land of gilded cities, glistening reefs, great walls and other architectural masterpieces
* Caribbean and Bermuda: Stroll miles of soft-sand beaches rimmed by turquoise waters
* Canada and United States: Escape to coastal resorts, cosmopolitan hotels and mountain lodges
* Europe: Enchanting stays in medieval castles, opulent estates and metropolitan retreats
* Mexico and Central/South America: Colorful markets, ancient Mayan cities, and rainforests
* Newest Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts: Most recent hotels named to Virtuoso's Best of the Best