W Hotels Worldwide has unveiled its global iPhone application. The W app not only holds hotel booking capability for W Hotels around the world, but also features an integrated music platform with exclusive content, a first for the hotel industry, as well as W Insider tips, fashion finds, and other meaningful ideas about “what’s new and next.” The new tool was unveiled at the fourth annual International Music Summit (IMS) in Ibiza, Spain.
The mobile app will serve as a clear business driver for W Hotels, on trend with how guests are now booking guest rooms. The application can be downloaded free of charge at www.whotels.com/music or through the Apple App Store at www.whotels.com/mobileapp.
“The global iPhone application is a vital, new communication channel for W Hotels that allows us to further connect with our target audience, while bringing to life the passions of the W brand,” said Eva Ziegler, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels Worldwide and Le Méridien. “Our savvy guests now have on the go information for all W Hotels, including access to W’s signature Whatever/Whenever service, as well as exclusive music content curated by our Global Music Director, Michaelangelo L’Aqua, from DJs all over the world. The W iPhone app is another way for W loyalists to stay connected 24/7.”
W’s Global Music Director, Michaelangelo L’Acqua, acts as the brand’s ambassador for what is new and next in music. One of his ongoing projects is the Symmetry Live series that brings emerging artists to perform in W Hotels, including such acts as Ellie Goulding, Cee Lo Green, Janelle Monae and Neon Trees. L’Acqua now lends his expertly trained ear to curate music for the iPhone app and will continue to infuse the application with the newest DJ mixes, updated on an ongoing basis.
Beyond music, other features of the W Hotels iPhone app include:
• Explore W Hotels Worldwide: Find, explore and book W hotels and retreats around the world.
• Get Local: Check out the local weather, get directions or take a first look at W photos.
• Stay connected: Connect with friends and followers through Facebook, Twitter or FourSquare directly from the W Hotels app.
• Get Insider Access: Find out about special events and exclusive W Happenings in each destination through the "Insider" tab on each hotel page.
• Order In: View and order from the hotel’s in-room dining menus at all hours.
• Have it Delivered: Tap the “I Need” tab for immediate service.
• Treat Yourself or Someone Else: Guests and non-guests alike can order anything, from champagne to snacks, to a guest room at any W Hotel.
• Anything Else? Just Ask: For any other special requests or question, the app enables users to send the hotel an email.
• Get the Inside Scoop: Find out about special offers to redeem during your stay at W Hotels around the world by choosing the “Messages” tab on each hotel page.
• Bring W Hotels Home: Get instant, on-the-go access to W Hotels The Store (W’s take on the traditional hotel gift shop).
• And for those who want more: Check out what’s happening at W Hotels around the globe or find a special deal for your next stay using the ‘Special Offers’ page.
W Hotels today also announced their collaboration with burn, an industry-leading energy drink of The Coca-Cola Company, for the music platform of the W iPhone application. These two international brands will together form the W Hotels and burn DJ Lab, a program that will support up-and-coming DJs.