Signature Travel Network has announced that Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales and trade support & service at Royal Caribbean International, has won the 2016 Michelle Morgan Leadership Award.
This award is named after and honors the memory and work of Michelle Morgan, Signature’s previous president who passed away in September 2013 from acute myeloid leukemia. The Michelle Morgan Leadership Award recognizes travel industry professionals who best represent the qualities that made Morgan successful – both in her professional and personal life.
Signature Travel Network chose a small group of Morgan’s close friends and family as the award’s selection committee. The following qualities were determined to be the required characteristics for the recipient of the award:
- Adaptive and nimble, responsive to an ever-changing business environment
- Proactive, with a willingness to act decisively, even in difficult circumstances
- Determined to work toward what is right, even when those choices are not popular
- Committed and passionate about a cause, be it work or an ideal
- Ability to empower others to achieve success
- A great communicator
- Passionate about people, truly cares about others
- Humble and always gives credit where credit is due
- Overcomes adversity
Freed oversees Royal Caribbean International’s sales force, the largest in the cruise industry. She also manages the trade support and service division, which includes reservations, group sales, and customer service, as well as the line’s consumer outreach division.
Prior to joining Royal Caribbean International, Freed was employed with Carnival Cruise Line for 25 years, where she spent the last 15 years as senior vice president of sales and marketing. From 1998 to 2000, Freed served as the first and only female chairman of the Cruise Line International Association.