Allianz Global Assistance is changing its name to Allianz Travel.
In addition to the rebranding, the company has stated on its website that it has altered two plans: OneTrip Prime (formerly the Classic Plan) and OneTrip Premier (formerly Classic with Trip Plus).
- Customers can get paid for delayed travel and delayed baggage.
- There is a reduction in the amount of time that qualifies as a delay.
- More covered reasons for trip cancellation and trip interruption.
- There is a doubling of the reimbursement limit for the change fee and frequent traveler program redeposit benefits.
The other changes include:
- Combining travel delay and missed connection benefits.
- Pre-departure reminder of benefits.
- Email and/or text notifications when a flight has been delayed or canceled, or when customers are eligible for the automatic $100 payment following a covered travel delay.
- A reduction in documentation needed for filing claims.
- A per-diem charge of $5 each day for travel after 30 days (excluding any days added to a trip due to covered travel delays).
For more information, visit https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/