Carnival Cruise Lines honored 15 top travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada with newly created “Excellence Awards.” The winning agencies were selected by Carnival’s sales team for innovative marketing techniques, brand advocacy and sales success strategies.
“We created the Excellence Awards as a way to celebrate the many success stories we hear of travel agencies that are building incredible business practices through new and innovative methods,” said Joni Rein, vice president of worldwide sales, Carnival Cruise Lines. “Rather than solely reward sales results, we wanted to highlight agencies who are showing growth through unique success strategies, as well.”
|Carnival Sunshine // Photo by Susan J. Young|
A Carnival sales leadership panel, led by Rein, evaluated all submissions from the sales field to select 15 “Excellence Awards” recipients based on the nominees’ strengths in each category. Agencies receiving a 2014 “Excellence Award” include:
- Buffy’s Travel (Duarte, CA);
- Crown’s Adventures at Sea (Metairie, LA);
- CruiseOne - Allen (Anderson, SC);
- Cruises & Tours Unlimited (Jacksonville, FL);
- Expedia CruiseShip Centers Scarborough East (Scarborough, Ontario);
- Expression Voyages (Magog, Quebec);
- GalvestonCruises.com (Galveston, TX);
- Guardian Travel (Chesapeake, VA);
- International Voyager (Little Falls, NJ);
- Interval Travel, Inc. (Miami, FL);
- KHM Travel Group (Brunswick, OH);
- Marvel Travel (Miami, FL);
- Premier Vacations and Events (Memphis, TN);
- Rovia LLC (Plano, TX); and
- Vacation Tour and Travel (Conway, AR)
Winners will attend an “Excellence Awards” celebration in Miami on October 2, 2014. Agency representatives who attend will receive complimentary airfare to Miami for the event, as well as hotel accommodations, a meet-and-greet with senior Carnival executives and a gala awards reception.
More detail about the awards is at www.goccl.com.