July 1 saw the election of a new group of officers by the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA). The selection took place at the group's AGM held at the Hyatt Regency Miami.
Emil Lee, General Manager of the Princess Heights Hotel in St. Maarten was sworn in as president of the association. Lee will be the first person from St. Maarten to be selected as the association’s president. This new slate of officers will serve for the 2014-16 biennium.
The five Vice Presidents and Treasurer to serve under Lee are as follows:
- 1st Vice President - Karolin Troubetzkoy, president, St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association and owner and executive director of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia
- 2nd Vice President - Stuart Bowe, president, Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association and senior vice president and general manager of Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- 3rd Vice President - Karen Whitt, director, Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association and general manager, Regent Palms Turks & Caicos
- 4th Vice President - Patricia Affonso Dass, immediate past president, Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association and general manager of Ocean Two Resort & Residences, Barbados
- 5th Vice President - William "Bill" Clegg, regional vice president, Franchise Service and Programs for Choice Hotels International
- Treasurer - James Hepple, president and CEO, Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association