Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) reports it will present a comprehensive training curriculum, including the introduction of six new courses at its annual cruise3sixty conference, June 19-23 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. The goal: helping agents “take their business to the next level of success.”
The educational seminars will be offered alongside three days of general sessions led by industry leaders and cruise experts. Travel agents enrolled in the cruise3sixty “Institute Track” will have the opportunity to earn up to 150 credits toward CLIA’s certification requirements.
New CLIA seminars debuting at cruise3sixty include:
Cruise Events: Creative Ways to Increase your Sales – teaches agents how to grow their business by hosting cruise events which stimulate more first-time cruise sales.
Romantics: How to Court Romantic Travelers – focuses on ways to find and help plan meaningful cruise experiences to the romantic consumer niche which includes weddings, honeymoons, vow renewals and anniversaries at sea, among other romantic opportunities.
Exploring the Western Hemisphere… Exploring the Eastern Hemisphere…– is an in-depth and interactive cruise geography seminar designed to increase knowledge of destinations, ports and itineraries.
CLIA Membership Matters – is designed to help agents derive the most from their CLIA membership and to permit agents to provide feedback to CLIA regarding membership benefits.
How to Develop Group Business and Group Operations and Budgeting – consists of two seminars to help agents identify and sell group cruise business as well as understand the operational and budgeting aspects of group sales.
Other educational sessions and opportunities include:
• A series of in-depth product presentations from CLIA’s Specialty Cruise Collection to be held on Thursday, June 20th. These sessions are product briefings that explore the diversity of CLIA’s Specialty Cruise Collection and provide exciting ways to integrate specialty cruising into existing sales and marketing efforts.
• CLIA North America cruise line product briefings and demonstrations
• Product and destination workshops by leading travel industry supplier companies
• A dynamic two day trade show featuring 300+ exhibitor booths
• Visits to the CLIA fleet with 10 ship inspections
Travel agents can register for cruise3sixty at www.cruise3sixty.com.