|Moderator, Cindy D'Aoust, Acting CEO, CLIA and panelists Christine Duffy, president, Carnival Cruise Line; Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises; Jason Montague, president and COO, Prestige Cruise Holdings; and Rick Sasso, president and CEO, MSC Cruises, during the Presidents Panel at the 2015 Executive Partner Summit.|
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) launched its 2016 Executive Partner Membership Program at its Executive Partner Summit in Miami, FL.
CLIA welcomed 80 new Executive Partner Members in 2015. The program continues to evolve, based on member feedback, and in 2016, offers Executive Partner Members additional benefits, providing access to insights and networking opportunities. Added benefits and new events include:
- Summit at Sea educational and networking event on MSC Preziosa in January
- Travel agent community engagement opportunities, such as access to the CLIA Cruise tv video platform
- Access and discounts to experience cruising, including invitations to inaugural cruises
The annual 2016 Executive Partner Summit, sponsored by Cruise Baltic, officially began on Tuesday, October 27, at PortMiami and included a private tour of the port and sessions covering emerging cruise market trends and other relevant port topics.
Once known as the CLIA Leadership Forum, the Executive Partner Summit now includes two separate educational forums – the Port and Destination Forum and the Technical and Regulatory Forum – and also brings attendees together for networking opportunities, general sessions and expert panels.
A highlight of the conference was the Presidents Panel, moderated by CLIA Acting CEO Cindy D’Aoust, and included:
- Christine Duffy, president, Carnival Cruise Line
- Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises
- Jason Montague, president and COO, Prestige Cruise Holdings
- Rick Sasso, president and CEO, MSC Cruises
The cruise line executives discussed topics ranging from technology and ship building to itinerary planning and port development. Overall themes included the importance of the guest experience and expectations and tips on how to best partner with cruise lines.