Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has launched a campaign to build awareness of the value of CLIA membership to individual agents. Travel agents seeking to gain from the benefits of CLIA membership can enroll for Individual Membership through 2011 for the yearly rate of $99.
September 1 also marks the official opening of the CLIA Renewal Season for 2011 Travel Agency Membership. This features a broad range of new benefits and enhancements, ranging from a new CLIA website, integration of video content, social media access and new CLIA training programs, CLIA reports.
“For less than $100, travel agents can take advantage of all the benefits of CLIA membership,” said Bob Sharak, CLIA’s executive vice president. “By signing up now, they can actually be enrolled for as many as 16 months instead of the usual 12.”
To become an Individual Agent member of CLIA, agents must be affiliated with an active CLIA-member travel agency that is enrolled through 2011. Over 2,500 professional travel sellers currently are enrolled as Individual Agent members, CLIA notes. Benefits include:
• Professional recognition by CLIA and all its members
• An individual agent listing in the “Cruise Expert Locator” at www.cruising.org, providing additional consumer recognition
• Free classroom, online and DVD sales training valued at $90 for a jump start toward CLIA Cruise Counselor Certification
• Personal receipt of CLIA news, promotions, events, training and fam invitations and industry updates
• An annual membership kit including the CLIA Cruise Manual CD-Rom
• Preferred member rates for the CLIA photo ID card
• Access to the complete CLIA website Travel Agent Center with information and resources
• A Marketing Tools Essential CD with direct mail, e-marketing, advertising and PR resources and templates
• A "Value-Added Coupon Book" with dozens of offers valued at over $1,000
For more information about Individual and Agency CLIA membership, visit www.cruising.org/membership-center.