IDL Parent LLC, owners of the I-Drive 360 entertainment complex on International Drive in Orlando, announced a new name for its 400-foot Ferris wheel, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, which is now ICON Orlando. A marketing campaign will be launched following the rebrand, encouraging guests to “Find their Iconic Moment” at the 18-acre complex, which has also been renamed ICON Orlando 360. The new web address www.iconorlando.com will go live on Monday, May 14.
According to Cindy Campbell-Taylor, vice president of marketing, sales and public affairs at ICON Orlando 360, the new ICON Orlando 360 will be adding several new “ICONic” experiences in the coming months, including:
- ICONic Annual Pass – Guests can enjoy 365 days of "ICONic" experiences for $69 (plus tax). Price includes unlimited entrance to the ICON Orlando. Annual pass holders can also bring a friend at a discounted rate.
- 7/14-Day Trade Ticket – Trade Partners can now offer their visitors added flexibility to their vacation with a 7-day or 14-day ticket that includes unlimited visits to ICON Orlando.
- Enhanced Fully Immersive Capsules – ICON Orlando capsules will soon include Wi-Fi, as well as customized experiences allowing guests the opportunity to personalize their flight.
- FUN IN THE SKY: Private Party Capsule – For adults only, the private party capsule includes complimentary beer/wine and a private bartender for up to 10 guests. Guest can also upgrade to a second rotation and enjoy the flight a little longer.
- ICONic Every Night: Nightly Light Show – Coming later this year, ICON Orlando will come alive even more with enhanced synchronized nightly display incorporating the courtyard fountains.
Other changes on the horizon at ICON Orlando 360 include the new Justice League: A Call for Heroes experience at Madame Tussauds Orlando (May 25), and the Orlando StarFlyer, a massive swing ride that will give riders open-air views from 425 feet above the ground (June 1).
The ICON Orlando 360 rebrand comes as the complex nears 100 percent occupancy and ownership company IDL Parent LLC shifts from development to management, with a focus on enhancing the guest experience. Now managing the newly named ICON Orlando is an executive team led by CEO Rosemary Rose; Senior Vice President of Facilities, Engineering and Security Bill Kivler; Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Public Affairs Cindy Campbell-Taylor; and Vice President of Operations & Finance Jim Forrester.