|Photo by Hyatt Hotels|
More than 1,000 members and preferred partners are expected to attend the 2014 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference set for Oct. 26-30 at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa and adjacent Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort & Spa in Palm Springs, CA.
Ensemble reports learning opportunities will be at an all-time high as more than 40 educational sessions will be available throughout the conference. Final details of speakers and workshops will be announced in the next few weeks.
From strategic discussions on the business of travel and new Ensemble initiatives to the red carpet gala and Make-a-Wish Charity Auction at the Circle of Excellence Dinner, this year’s conference has all the makings of a blockbuster event for the member-owned North American cooperative, Ensemble says. The theme: “Nobody Does It Better … Than You.”
“Every conference breakout session, experiential tour, meal function, general session, and evening event is designed not only to celebrate members’ many accomplishments, but also to equip them with additional tools, programs, and skills to advance their expertise in the business of travel and keep them at the forefront of our industry,” said Lindsay Pearlman, co-president of Ensemble Travel Group.
“We’ve expanded the program with some new activities this year to make sure members and partners get the most out of conference, including the Frontline Agent Orientation, Hotel Marketplace, and extended time for the Owner/Manager Meeting. All three are held on opening day so that agents can connect with peers and partners from the get-go,” said Ensemble co-president Libbie Rice.
- An earlier start on opening day (11 a.m. rather than 3 p.m.) delivers a full day of learning, networking, and socializing. In addition, more time has been set aside for members to interact with the Ensemble Travel Group Board of Directors, including a longer Owner/Manager Meeting and informal gathering during the Opening Reception for members to stop by, ask questions, and network in a more relaxed and casual environment.
- Supplier “Happy Hours”: Each day, members will choose two, 20-minute product and destination sessions to attend. By the end of the four days, attendees will have gained greater insight into eight partners – many of whom are brand new to the Ensemble family.
- This year’s program features two events for hoteliers and members. The Hotel Marketplace allows frontline agents to network and meet hoteliers for one hour before being joined by owner/managers for the second hour. The first period is appointment driven, while the second hour is open to walk the floor, or set appointments based on preference and need. The Hotel Exchange is set for Monday, Oct. 27.
- Evening events start off with the opening reception at the Indian Wells Golf Course. Monday is a free night; Tuesday is the Circle of Excellence gala and Make-A-Wish auction; and the conference wraps up Wednesday with a farewell party.
- Golfers will be in their element on Saturday at the Ensemble golf tournament & scoring reception held at Indian Wells’ Celebrity Course, a two-time host to the PGA Tour's Skins Game.
- Experiential learning tours on Saturday and Sunday include jeep adventure tour (including Palm Springs Aerial Tramway), Mid-Century Modern “Hidden Masterpieces” architecture tour, culinary crafting with Palm Springs chefs, rock repelling and Joshua Tree National Park.
Members can register for the conference at www.ensembleagent.com.