Ensemble Travel Group reports its International Conference is set for Oct.17-21 at the Red Rock Resort Las Vegas and themed, “Come Together.”
“Our primary goal at conference is to bring these two groups -members and suppliers - together and help them become more profitable in the business of travel, while we, as an organization, continue to grow stronger and more powerful,” said Lindsay Pearlman, co-president, Ensemble Travel Group.
Planned is a series of business-centric, solution-based discussions, targeted learning opportunities and networking that will encourage attendees to re-charge their business models, Ensemble says.
According to Ensemble, the conference program is based on member feedback received through several sources, including conference surveys and LinkedIn. Many of the topics and guest educators are new.
“Regardless if you’re a $3 million or $30 million dollar agency, if you’re an IC, retail, or home-based agent, this year’s program respects the various business models and offers members an extensive collection of new tools, applications, and strategies to help them think and operate differently and more profitably in the future. This conference will give them the confidence and skills they need to really stand out from their competition,” said Libbie Rice, co-president, Ensemble Travel Group.
Highlights of the 2012 Ensemble Conference include:
• An enhanced social media track including newcomers like Pinterest, will offer breakouts focused on the business application of tools like Facebook and blogging, as well as a session on the how-tos of various client engagement techniques.
• A series of short virtual FAMs, featuring off-the-beaten track destinations, will be offered to give members fast facts and ideas of where to go for a more comprehensive look at countries such as Israel and South Africa.
• Two Frontline Agent Tracks will be held featuring an expert known for helping agents think out of the box (sales skills track) and veteran Ensemble staff trainers (Ensemble certified track).
• The Circle of Excellence gala will feature a raffle and live auction to benefit the Make A Wish Foundation. Last year’s inaugural effort raised more than $60,000 for children with life-threatening medical conditions. Among the donated prizes to-date: a $26,000 cruise from Orion Expedition Cruises, Ensemble says.
• The trade show (air, car, cruise, insurance, and land/tour preferred suppliers) will be held Friday (10-19) in two ballrooms. The roundtable exchange (hotelier, On Location, and specialty partners) is set for Thursday (10-18) and Saturday (10-20) to accommodate suppliers.
• The North American owner/manager meeting will be held Thursday morning (10-18) and centered around a non-travel business case study. This session is designed to provide in-depth discussion.
Additional details will be announced in the next few weeks.
Ensemble Travel Group is a member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada.