Gap Adventures, the adventure travel group, announced recently that it will introduce "Sherpa 2.0," a new online reservation platform for sales agents worldwide, launching Jan. 20. Based on agent feedback, the enhanced booking engine will offer "greater simplicity and efficiency" when making online reservations.
Mark Wisniak, Gap Adventure’s director of IT and information systems, pointed out that agents will have access to Sherpa 2.0’s "all-in-one" solution to online booking. The reservation platform boasts an array of new features and benefits, including:
· Improved user interface
· Faster loading home page
· Ability to confirm all services at once with one click
· ‘My recent bookings’ and ‘agency recent bookings’ conveniently listed
· Ability to search for bookings by traveller name
· Ability to add pre/post-tour hotel nights directly from the booking overview page
· Ability to add/remove extras such as kayaking and camping in Antarctica
· Clearer and prominent display of required traveller information
· Improved resources
· Agent specific promotions displayed
The new Sherpa will be compatible with Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 7 and above.