The National Tour Association (NTA) and Edelman public relations are rescheduling its free seminars on the oil spill crisis and media relations seminars planned for this week. The free seminars, titled “Practical Skills for the Oil Spill Crisis: Managing Media Relations and Building Business through a Crisis,” have been rescheduled for:
* August 10; 9 a.m.-noon CT in Gulf Shores, Alabama (venue to be determined)
* August 11; 10 a.m.-1 p.m. CT in Pensacola, FL at the Sanders Beach Center in the Corinne Jones Community Center Ballroom
NTA asks all current registrants to re-register for the new dates. The seminars will provide participants with skills needed for managing media relations and tips for maintaining and building tourism business through the oil spill crisis.
Specific topics include:
* The Crisis Perspective – Leaders of the Edelman Crisis Practice will focus on understanding the public’s fears and perceptions of a crisis, addressing misperceptions through accurate messaging and finally, some of the best practices in crisis management.
* Media Relations – Edelman media specialists will review how the media is covering the oil spill, how it differs from other crises and offer pointers for keeping the media accurately informed.
* Digital Relations in a Crisis – Edelman Digital’s media specialist will review methods for monitoring the digital newscape, analyzing how digital coverage can affect a business and engaging an audience using various social media platforms.
Registration is open for both seminars at www.NTAOnline.com/gulfcoast.
This event is sponsored in part by GulfCoastTravelUpdate.com, an interactive tool devised by travel social network Tripatini.com to help Gulf Coast business owners get their message out.