The International Tour Management Institute (ITMI) has launched its first Group Tour Leader Certification Program.
“Group leaders are individuals who lead tour groups for religious or fraternal organizations, students groups, professional associations or private groups,” says ITMI CEO Ted Bravos. “Group leaders are responsible for the welfare of the participants and the positive outcome of the experience.”
The ITMI Group Tour Leader Certification Program curriculum addresses the following:
- The psychology of group travel, a critical aspect of a successful tour;
- Working with a tour director or a tour guide, and the differences between the two;
- How to work with the motor coach driver;
- How to work with suppliers;
- How to deal with disabled participants;
- How to effectively navigate through unexpected and challenging situations.