USA TODAY and travel referral service Tripology forecast sunny cities, including Las Vegas, Cancun, Orlando and Miami, are the most requested destinations for travelers planning their end of summer and fall vacations.The forecast is based on trip requests submitted by consumers via Tripology for vacations August through October of 2014.
“It’s no secret that August through October is a great time to travel with comfortable temperatures in many destinations, off-peak rates and value-driven deals, as well as less crowds in the world’s most popular vacation spots,” said John Peters, president of USA TODAY Travel Media Group. “The research conducted by USA TODAY and Tripology reveals insights about where people are traveling, how much they are budgeting, and what kinds of trips they are planning over the upcoming months.”
Highlights from the report include:
- Las Vegas was again the top requested destination city globally. The average budgets for trips to Las Vegas were $2,970.54. On average, travelers were looking to spend 4 days in Las Vegas with spa activities topping the list of activities at 29.97 percent. Florida remains the most-visited state in the country, regardless of the season, the research shows.
- The top 3 global cities by request were Las Vegas, Cancun and Orlando.
- The average trip budget for Tripology users for trips planned in Q2 2014 was $4,190.
- San Francisco made its first appearance this year as one of the top 10 U.S. cities by requests.
- For the second quarter in a row, those identifying themselves as ‘families with kids’ surpassed ‘married’ as the most common traveler type among those identifying with a lifestyle category.