In an effort to meet the growing demands and increasing globalization of business travel, the National Business Travel Association (NBTA) announced the launch of its new name: the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA).
The GBTA said it will try to enhance its member value proposition through a broader global focus and new member features and benefits, which have been refined and expanded so the organization is better aligned with its members’ professional needs.
Planned changes include:
• An expanded global footprint of networking and educational events, many of which will be complimentary for members.
• Free worldwide registration for members to all GBTA webinars.
• Access to new and improved industry research and resources – including global benchmarking tools.
• Enhanced online collaboration and information sharing.
• An internationally driven and interconnected committee network offering global guidance.
• Continued expansion of the GBTA network for representation in every major business travel market.
In addition, GBTA said it will soon offer advanced networking – giving members the ability to find the expert they need on any topic, in any global region, and collaborate with them. This will be coupled with a new website which will allow members to find resources more easily and enable greater collaboration. GBTA will also continue to have a strong voice in industry advocacy, reflecting the increasingly global nature of the changes happening in the business travel industry.