Technology is driving rapid and irreversible change in the travel marketplace, PhoCusWright says, announcing a new, free online event sponsored by Ness Technologies. “Mobile, Search, Cloud and Other Technologies Impacting Travel in 2010” will be held Thursday, June 24 at noon EDT.
“The products and solutions under development today will shape our industry in the future,” PhoCusWright says, noting that any or all of ten technology trends impacting travel could be a game changer in 2010. This includes:
1. Alternate Distribution Systems: The Next Round of Attack on GDSs
2. Mobile: Going Where No Platform Has Gone Before
3. Communicating Anywhere: The Twitter Effect
4. Merchandising Simplified Through Offer-Optimizer Technology
5. New Technologies Improve Web Presence
6. Social Media Monitoring Supersedes Reputation Management
7. Social Media and Location-Based Services Converge
8. Travel Information: Anytime, Anyhow
9. Cross-Channel and Viral Marketing: A Brave New World
20. Emerging Computer Capabilities Catapult Business Opportunities
Bob Offutt, PhoCusWright's senior technology analyst and editorial director of the Innovation Edition, and Glenn Gruber of Ness Software Product Labs will conduct the one-hour session (including Q&A).