Starwood Hotels is introducing SPG Keyless, a keyless entry system that allows travelers - if they are Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty program members - to use their smartphone as a key.
Guests will be able to check-in, receive their room numbers, bypass the front desk and unlock their door using the SPG app on their phone, Starwood says.
It starts Wednesday, November 5 at 10 Aloft, Element and W Hotels around the globe, in cities such as Beijing, Hong Kong, New York, Los Angeles and Doha. By the end of 2015, SPG Keyless will be at all 150 Aloft, Element and W properties worldwide - 30,000 doors in all, Starwood reports.
“Not only does SPG Keyless alleviate a perennial pain point for travelers, but it also transforms the first interaction with our guests from one that is transactional to something more personal,” said Frits van Paasschen, Starwood’s president & CEO.
How it works:
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at a keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and Bluetooth key when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where available) and go directly to his/her room.
- After ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.