American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) has released a new survey reporting some of the top trends in air, lodging and overall trip booking from their travel counselors.
Below is a summary of the survey (click each half to enlarge):
Agents were asked to weigh in on traveler preferences and common requests.
Key insights include:
- Business travelers take 21-30 trips per year
- Fall was cited as the busiest time of year for business travel
- Brand names are most important when booking hotels
- 21 percent of travel counselors said they have received travel requests related to pets
- Business travelers have requested to stay in B&Bs, apartments, cabins, castles and tree houses.