This April, The Travel Institute will be hosting the "Let’s Get Social" learning series, a free training program for travel professionals to learn social media fundamentals and ways to successfully grow their brands.
The month-long series launches April 7 with a webinar titled “Escaping the Social Media Black Hole” that will be led by online marketing expert and popular conference speaker Matt Bailey.
Three other webinars be will taking place, along with the release of weekly newsletters (including “Hot Tip Tuesday”), ebooks and blog posts (including Travel Institute’s “Friday Five”). The webinars are open to 100 participants(advance registration is required) and which will last, on average, between 45 minutes to an hour, followed by a question and answer session.
The April webinar schedule is as follows:
- April 7 – “Escaping the Social Media Black Hole” with Matt Bailey
- April 16 – “Three Powerful Ways to Connect With Pinterest” with Catherine J. Heeg
- April 22 – “The Worst and the Best Thing that ever Happened to Marketing” with Nolan Burris
- April 30 – “Getting Started: Using Instagram for Your Travel Business” with Denise Vogel
Other activities during April’s Let’s Get Social campaign include:
- Ebooks: During the month, four 10- to 20-page ebooks with tips, articles, and blogs will be emailed to all Hot Tip Tuesday subscribers. The first ebook is scheduled for Friday, April 10, and will feature helpful advice on “Learning the Social Media Fundamentals,” followed by “Exploring Pinterest and Twitter,” “Capitalizing on Facebook and LinkedIn” and “Discovering the Art of Visual Marketing through Instagram and YouTube.”
- Expert advice: As part of its ongoing communications, professionals can sign up for The Travel Institute’s weekly Hot Tip Tuesday enewsletter. Each issue in April will have a social media focus. Members will also have weekly access to The Travel Institute’s popular Friday Five blog posts.