Travel Leaders Franchise Group has announced the results of its recent Franchisee Advisory Board (FAB) elections conducted last week during the 2011 Travel Leaders National Meeting in Las Vegas.
Six Travel Leaders Associates (franchisees) were elected to the 13-member body, with five elected on a regional basis and the sixth elected to represent the interests of Travel Leaders’ largest agency members.
The Franchise Advisory Board serves as a primary sounding board for Travel Leaders’ strategic planning, including for all of the major initiatives launched throughout the year.
FAB members are required to attend regular meetings with key leadership from Travel Leaders Franchise Group headquarters. A total of 13 representatives serve on Travel Leaders’ FAB, including two members for each of the five regional districts, one at-large member and two Leaders Group representatives. Half of the members are elected in even-numbered years, while the other half are elected in odd-numbered years.
The new FAB representatives – voted onto the Franchise Advisory Board by their colleagues from a slate of candidates for each respective region – include:
• Judy Clappin (Travel Leaders - East Greenwich, Rhode Island) – Elected to represent Travel Leaders’ Northeast/Northern District, which includes Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
• Mike King (Travel Leaders - Fredericksburg, Virginia) – Elected to represent Travel Leaders’ Southeast/Mid-Atlantic District, which includes Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
• David Lovick, Jr. (Travel Leaders - Maple Grove, Minnesota) – Elected to represent Travel Leaders’ Mid-Northwest District, which includes Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
• Max Nelson (Travel Leaders - San Jose, California) – Elected to represent Travel Leaders’ Western District, which includes Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Washington and Wyoming.
• Gary S. Spears (Travel Leaders - Bartlesville, Oklahoma) – Reelected to represent Travel Leaders’ South Central District, which includes Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
• Annette Youngbauer (Travel Leaders - Delafield, Wisconsin) – Elected to represent Travel Leaders’ Leaders Group.
The seven other members of Travel Leaders’ FAB include:
• Terry Denton (Travel Leaders - Fort Worth, Texas) – Travel Leaders’ Leaders Group.
• Julie Harrington (Travel Leaders - Richland, Washington) – Travel Leaders’ Western District.
• Bruce Horner (Travel Leaders - Virginia Beach, Virginia) – Travel Leaders’ Southeast/Mid-Atlantic District.
• Denise Petricka (Travel Leaders - Eau Claire, Wisconsin) – Travel Leaders’ Mid-Northwest District.
• Christy Prescott (Travel Leaders - San Antonio, Texas) – Travel Leaders’ At-Large Member.
• Robbert van Bloemendaal (Travel Leaders - Rowlett, Texas) – Travel Leaders’ South Central District.
• Ann Waters (Travel Leaders - Fort Wayne, Indiana) – Travel Leaders’ Northeast/Northern District.
Roger E. Block, president of Travel Leaders Franchise Group said: “Through their contributions, we are confident that we’ll be able to further distinguish Travel Leaders through industry-leading programs and initiatives that, in turn, will only further accelerate the growth of our network nationally.”
Travel Leaders Franchise Group management actively consults with its FAB members on a wide variety of topics, including the network’s strategic direction, technology issues, education and training needs, regional and national meeting agendas, marketing and public relations strategies, and more.