Agency powerhouse Travel Leaders announced the results of its most recent Associate (franchisee) Advisory Board election with six Travel Leaders Associates chosen to represent their peers in five regions throughout the U.S. The Travel Leaders Associate Advisory Board serves as a sounding board for the travel agency network’s strategic planning efforts.
“Travel Leaders is bullish on further growth, not only in terms of the renewed travel sales we’re seeing, but also in terms of growing our network, and our Travel Leaders Associate Advisory Board will play a vital role as we continue providing best-in-class programs, solutions and support to enable each Travel Leaders location to succeed,” noted Roger E. Block, president of The Travel Franchise Group, of which Travel Leaders is the flagship brand. “Our Associate Advisory Board is comprised of true Travel Leaders in every sense of the word, and they remain committed to working with us to further strengthening our entire system nationally.”
Regular meetings with key leadership from the Eden Prairie, MN-based Travel Leaders Franchise Group Headquarters serve as a vital conduit for the voice of the franchisees to be heard. Thirteen representatives in total serve on the Associate Advisory Board, including two members from each of five regional districts, one at-large member and two Leaders Group representatives. Half of the members are elected in even-numbered years, while the other half are elected in odd-numbered years.
The newly elected members were voted onto the Associate Advisory Board by their colleagues from a slate of candidates for each respective region. They include:
* Dorrie Green (Marietta, Georgia), reelected to two-year term, representing the Northeast/Southeast District (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia).
* Julie Harrington, (Richland, Washington), elected to serve out final year of unexpired term, representing the Western District (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming).
* Hugh "Flip" Himmelreich (Spokane, Washington), reelected to two-year term, also representing the Western District.
* Joseph S. Janowski (Liverpool, New York), reelected to two-year term, representing the Northern Great Lakes District (Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont).
* Gary S. Spears (Bartlesville, Oklahoma), elected to two-year term, representing the South Central District (Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas).
* Annette Youngbauer, (Delafield, Wisconsin), reelected to two-year term, representing the Mid-Northwest District (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin).
Those six Travel Leaders will serve alongside Beth Baran (Northern Great Lakes District), Angela (Angie) Hendricks (South Central District), Sue Tindell (Mid-Northwest District), Mike King (Northeast/Southeast District), Terry Denton (Leaders Group representative) and Ted Child (Member at Large).
Management for the Travel Leaders Franchise Group consults with the Associate Advisory Board on a wide variety of topics, including the network’s strategic direction, technology issues, education and training needs, regional and national meeting agendas, marketing strategies and more.