Underscoring the importance of technology, Travel Leaders Franchise Group reports it will offer an invitation-only event for its Travel Leaders members focusing on leading technology, both from within the travel industry and from other technological segments.
The all-day Travel Leaders Technology and Office Services Symposium will be open exclusively to Travel Leaders members and their staffs on September 11 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington - Minneapolis South.
The symposium will feature an array of technology experts, including Paul Drangeid of Blue Net, Inc. – a leader in providing IT infrastructure consulting, managed services and hosted solutions – who will conduct a workshop on “Cloud Computing.”
“Since it is absolutely crucial for our Travel Leaders members to remain far ahead of the curve in understanding emerging technologies both from a practical and efficient business point-of-view and from a position of anticipating potential client needs, we are proud to once again offer them this unique and exclusive Technology and Office Services Symposium,” explained Roger E. Block, president of Travel Leaders Franchise Group. “This year’s event is shaping up to be an excellent opportunity for our Travel Leaders members and their staffs – particularly those focused on IT needs – to spend quality time with a number of our key suppliers and headquarters team.”
Block indicated that attendees will have the opportunity to select from three one-hour morning workshops, with a choice of four topics during each series. After lunch, Travel Leaders members can participate in a technology trade show.
Travel Leaders Technology and Office Services Symposium workshops include:
· Cloud Computing (Paul Drangeid, Blue Net Inc.) – Travel Leaders members will discover a new way to secure and store data and potentially lower costs. They’ll learn what this means for their business, as well as how to take advantage of this cutting-edge opportunity.
· Telephone Systems and Technology – AT&T will provide insights on opportunities to save money, improve communications and increase efficiency.
· Concur – Travel Leaders members will learn about Concur’s latest product enhancements and the opportunities of leveraging their business and expense management solutions.
· Traveler Safety and Security – The presentation will introduce MagnaTech’s new unique technology: Safe Zone. This exceptional automation allows every traveler to be covered and provides an affordable solution to a company’s challenge of addressing Duty of Care.
· FunjetAgent.com – Travel Leaders members will learn more about FunjetAgent.com, a new Web portal exclusively for travel agents to find everything they want to know about Funjet in two clicks or less.
· A New Solution to Managing Group Travel – For Travel Leaders members frustrated by the administrative challenges of managing group travel, GTT placed GroupMinder — a Web-based reservation and tour management application — to work to make the handling of groups easy as one-two-three.
· ClientBase and the Travel Leaders InteGREAT Marketing Program – For Travel Leaders members who are either new to ClientBase or have been using it for years, the experts at ClientBase will offer an overview of what’s new on the tool, as well as offer some proactive selling tips on Travel Leaders members’ customer data and an update on the Travel Leaders InteGREAT Marketing Program.
The following companies – as well as proprietary Travel Leaders programs and services – are currently confirmed to participate in the afternoon trade show, with more still pending:
• Suppliers Include: Active Network, AT&T, Booking Builder, Concur Technologies, Cornerstone, Cvent, eCommission Solutions, GroupMinder, MagnaTech, NuTravel, Park N’ Fly, Trams/ClientBase, Travelport, Trondent, VAX Vacation Access, Travcom and Verizon Wireless.
· Travel Leaders Programs and Services: InteGREAT, Agent Profiler, Agent Chat, Website (Customization and Search Engine Optimization [SEO]), Mid-Office and Self-Booking.