Tripology, an agent referral service, reports findings from its newly published Consumer Travel Trends Report, indicating a positive outlook for travel this upcoming winter season. The report shows the top requested destinations, both domestic and foreign, and the types of trips consumers are booking. It also highlights an increase in consumer trip budgets in the third quarter of 2013.
Key findings for the 2013-2014 Winter travel forecast are as follows:
- The Top Five Most Requested U.S. Cities: Las Vegas, Orlando, Miami, Honolulu and Maui.
- The Top Five Most Requested Travel Destinations: United States, Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas and the United Kingdom.
- The Top Three Reasons for Travel: Family Trip, Birthday Celebration and Honeymoon.
- The average trip budget has decreased by 10 percent since Q3 2012, but has increased in comparison to other 2013 quarters.
- The average trip length has remained at a stable 8 days over the past five quarters.
"Our trend report reveals interesting insights about where people are traveling, what they are spending and how Tripologists are a part of those travel plans," said John Peters, president of USA TODAY Travel Media Group.
"We see that Las Vegas remains the top requested city domestically for travelers seeking the aid of our specialists and London continues to gain popularity for travel abroad. Additionally the most requested type of trips consumers are planning for the coming season are family vacations ñ aligned with the holiday season and winter school breaks. While budgets for this period have decreased year-over-year, we are pleased to report that trip requests in Q3 of 2013 have shown the highest trip budgets of the year," Peters said.
The Consumer Travel Trends Report is published by Tripology, a division of USA TODAY Travel Media Group, in conjunction with Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI).