Valentine’s Day - February 14 - is just around the corner, so the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) thought it would be a good idea to dedicate its weekly blog to travel tips to Valentine’s Day related items.
TSA's V-Day travel tips include:
- Chocolates – Regular and cream/liquid filled chocolates are good to go.
- Perfume – Bottles 3.4 ounces and smaller are permitted in your carry-on bag as long as they are placed in the baggie per the 3-1-1 liquid guidelines. Larger bottles may be packed in your checked baggage.
- Flowers - You can bring fresh flowers through the checkpoint, but not in a container filled with water. We suggest wrapping the stems in damp paper towels and plastic wrap or foil to keep them hydrated while you travel.
- Gift Baskets – Gift baskets often contain lotions, oils, and perfumes. If you’re carrying these items through the checkpoint, they must adhere to the 3-1-1 liquid guidelines.
- Wrapped Gifts – It’s permissible to pack wrapped gifts in your bags, but if the gift alarms or requires additional screening, we’ll have to unwrap it.
- Destination Weddings – If you have a destination wedding planned for Valentine’s Day, be sure to check out the TSA's blog post on traveling with a wedding dress.