Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort and Spa has created a program for guests of all ages that includes tours, demonstrations, and activities based on Mayan culture. Activities are available as part of the all-inclusive rates, and guests can participate as little or as much as they prefer.
Here's a description of activities:
- The Xcalacoco Experience - a weekly reenactment of a sacred Mayan journey and celebration with nightly shows.
- Learning how to use local flora and fauna to create ancient healing treatments with an on-site Mayan Herbalist
- Mayan-themed spa treatments that include anti-oxidant body rituals with honey from on-site Mayan honeybees, a Mayan healing ritual and a traditional Temazcal.
- Biking to an actual Mayan archaeological site, swimming in a cenote (freshwater pool considered by Mayans to be the entrance to the underworld), and hiking through the jungle with an expert guide and over 60 species of wildlife.
- A Mayan market featuring handmade goods and traditional Mayan cuisine from local community members.
- Mayan classes and demonstrations: Stargazing at a Mayan observatory, Mayan language classes, authentic cooking classes and a flaming Mayan coffee nightcap with Xtabentun, a traditional Mayan liquor.
- An on-property tour concierge to arrange offsite adventure activities to some of the Mayan world’s most well-known archaeological sites – Tulum, Cobá, Muyil – as well as to modern Mayan villages.
- Sustainable initiatives programs.
All-inclusive room rates starting at $94 per person, per night, activities included (with the exception of spa treatments). For more information, visit www.sandos.com.