FIT tour operator Avanti Destinations added six locations to its Asia lineup, which includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, and Taiwan. Sold exclusively through travel agents, Avanti’s Asia vacations include local private guides from the moment the traveler arrives.
Among the new distinctive experiences that may be added to any one of the 12 suggested itineraries or combined into a custom-designed vacation in the client’s choice of destinations:
- Indonesia: Private Day in the Life of a Balinese Farmer – The five-hour tour in Tabanan includes time working in the field, learning how to make local specialties, and lunch.
- Malaysia: Private Kinabalu Park & Poring Hotel Springs Tour – Guests drive along mountain roads, stop at a market, walk in a botanical garden with 4,500 species of plants, soak in hot springs, and, for those brave enough, take a canopy walk 135 feet above the jungle floor.
- Myanmar: Private Tour from Inle Lake to Cave with Picnic Lunch – Travelers will visit stilt-house villages, explore a maze of caves and caverns with 8,000-plus gilded images of Buddha, learn how to make shan paper in a family workshop, and stroll through plantations.
- Philippines: Private Whale Shark Encounter – A four-hour tour from Cebu to Oslob, which includes lunch and a ride on a habal-habal (motorcycle taxi), to Tumalob Falls, surrounded by imposing cliffs and lush jungle.
- Singapore: Private Night Safari Half-Day Tour – The world’s first open concept nocturnal zoo, with animals from eight different ecosystems with private guide.
- South Korea: Private Korean Cultural Experience; Hanbok Wearing, Kimchi Making, Tea Ceremony – A half-day tour with hands-on learning about Korean traditions of dress, kimchi preparation, and tea ceremony.
Avanti’s new 2017 Asia FIT products may be booked now on their website, where agents can also order the 84-page Essence of Asia brochure.
Visit www.avantidestinations.com or call 1-800-422-5053.