|Photo by Freeimages.com/William Picard|
Coney Island Brewery, located near the beach at 1904 Surf Avenue, has officially kicked off boardwalk season and announced its new extended summer hours and lineup of special events.
Now through Labor Day, the brewery’s extended hours will be from Sunday-Thursday, 12pm – 8pm; and Friday-Saturday, 12pm – 10pm.
In addition to the extended hours, Coney Island Brewery has a full schedule of events and specials throughout the summer. Weekly events include:
- Mondays: "Music Mondays", 6-8pm; Live entertainment provided by local talent.
- Tuesdays: "Think + Drink Trivia Tuesday", 6:30-8:30pm; Hosted by the NYC Trivia League, guests have a chance to win prizes.
- Wednesdays: "Movies N' Malt", sundown; Guests can join the brewery team in the beer garden for movies, beer and popcorn. A full movie schedule can be found at www.coneyislandbeer.com
- Thursdays: "Tappy Hour", 5-7pm; $4 pints will be on sale.
- Fridays: Fireworks, 9:30pm; Firework displays begin June 17.
Special events throughout the summer include:
- "Mermaid Parade", June 18: In celebration of Coney Island being taken over by “mermaids and mermen”, the brewery will open early at 1am. The parade starts at 1pm.
- "Star Spangled Banger", July 4: Before watching the fireworks, guests can stop at the brewery from 1pm-9pm for various American festivities, including a hot dog eating contest.
- "Cyclones Pre-Game Warm Up" (All Summer): Baseball fans can show their ticket stubs up to two hours before the first pitch for $4 pints.
In addition, the brewery will serve its regular selection of classic American beers throughout the summer, including "Mermaid Pilsner", "Overpass IPA" and "Home Plate Pale Ale" on tap, and will also rotate through Coney Island-inspired selections, such as "Cotton Candy Kolsch", "Tart Cherry Berliner Weisse" and "Trapp'ed on the Cyclone".