75 percent of Cosmos’ tour lineup for 2012 is focused on experiencing the beauty found in North America’s scenery and national parks, Cosmos reports, noting gains in National Parks tour sales. In addition, the company is offering travelers 15 vacations for $150 per day or less.
“National parks are idyllic vacation ‘hot spots’ perfect for relaxation and introspection, wild life exploration or adventure, depending on each traveler’s interests,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “And it’s because of the experiences these parks provide that bookings for our North American national park tour sales have witnessed an increase in the last year. In 2012, our GoParks! Tours partnership will give Cosmos travelers the chance to give back and preserve these parks for the future.”
This year, as part of its 2012 offerings, Cosmos is partnering with the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of America’s national parks, to provide unique tour experiences in these amazing national treasures. And, as part of this GoParks! Tours partnership, when travelers book a Cosmos US national parks vacation, the company will make a donation to the NPF at no additional cost to travelers.
In addition, the company is offering travelers 15 vacations – many of which are GoParks! Tours – for $150 per day or less. They include:
• Highlights of the Canyonlands (8 days), priced from $1,089
• Western Wonders (11 days), priced from $1,399
• Enchanted Southwest (12 days), priced from $1,679
• National Parks & Canyon Country (13 days), priced from $1,489
• Splendors of the Hawaiian Islands (13 days), priced from $1,889
• Historic Trails & Blue Ridge Mountains (14 days) priced from $1,899
Ranging from seven to 14 days and featuring landscapes from the Blue Ridge to Rocky Mountains and Canada to the Canyonlands, in 2012 Cosmos’ nature-inspired North American Regional Discoveries, Panoramas, Escapes and Rail Journeys offer travelers an inclusive-style of travel. And, as part of Cosmos’ 2012 offerings, the company provides travelers a Trip Scale, giving them insight into how much they’re “on their own” v. “on the go.”
In addition to a new 10-day Wildlife of British Columbia vacation, the company is offering 13 “Special Departure” vacations centered around exciting events, including:
• Western Canada & Rocky Mountaineer Calgary Stampede (July 8, 2012 departure)
• Dixieland & Rhythms New Orleans Jazz Fest (April 18 and 25, 2012 departures)
• Route 66 Revisited: International Route 66 Mother Road Festival & Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta (September 16, 2012 departure)
• Elvis & the Southern Sounds 35th Anniversary Memorial Tour (August 12, 2012 departure)
• The Old South & Florida Halloween (October 25, 2012 departure)
“We design tours for Travelers with a capital T,” said Nisbet. “Those people who love to get out and get away, to see and experience the world. Our goal is to make their favorite pastime an affordable reality.”
Cosmos tour packages offer travelers included sightseeing and a choice of optional excursions, some included meals plus the freedom to indulge in local fare on a whim; a dynamic blend of transportation as well as clean and comfortable pre-selected hotels.
Those that book a North American Cosmos trip early can not only benefit from great built-in savings and value, they will receive $50 off per person on the price of any 2012 Cosmos vacation.