YMT Vacations reports that several of the company’s U.S. itineraries are almost 20 percent ahead of last year. YMT credits the boost in part to declining domestic airfares to popular U.S. destinations, as reported recently in the Wall Street Journal.
“Due to higher airfares for international and other long haul destinations, we are seeing our more budget-conscious guests opting for U.S. based vacations,” says Jerre Fuqua, president of YMT Vacations. “While space is filling up fast, there is still time to get a great deal on a summer vacation.”
YMT offers group vacation packages targeted at older American travelers. Five of the most popular U.S. itineraries with July – October departures are:
• National Parks of the Golden West Tour: 14-day journey, featuring the fascinating landscapes of nine of America’s most popular National Parks, with multiple departure dates in July and August 2013. Priced from $1,199 per person based on double occupancy.
• Rocky Mountains & Western Frontiers: 14-day journey including Wild West exploration at its best, departing July 10 & 17 and September 11, 2013. Priced from $1,399 per person based on double occupancy.
• Southwestern Tour & Balloon Fiesta: 15-day tour with the famous hot air balloon spectacle in Albuquerque, departing September 25 and October 8, 2013. Priced from $1,399 per person based on double occupancy.
• Autumn Leaves Tour: 14-day journey during peak foliage season in the Northeast, with multiple departure dates in September and October 2013. Priced from $1,399 per person based on double occupancy.
• Northeast Cruise & Tour: 15- day journey featuring New York City, Boston, Montreal and a 7-night cruise aboard NCL’s Norwegian Dawn, departing on September 10, 24, and 30, 2013. Priced from $1,599 per person based on double occupancy.
All YMT vacation packages include hotel or cabin accommodations, the services of a professional Tour Director, sightseeing, and baggage handling to and from rooms.