Rent.com has put togther a list of the top 10 cities across the country, from Houston to New York, that offer various pet-friendly hotels, restaurants and parks:
• Houston has a variety of pet-friendly hotels and restaurants that are located throughout the city. Barnaby’s Café is a local favorite, where wait staff provide a cardboard dog bowl to keep pets hydrated. Ervan Chew Dog Park can be visited nearby
• New York City has various dog parks including a few in Central Park. Bocce’s Bakery Bike offers pets a peanut butter and jelly or truffle mac and cheese dog bone. New York is also one of the few cities where pet daycares can be found in nearly every neighborhood.
• Chicago provides canine cruises across the Navy Pier, as well as pet-friendly patio restaurants throughout the city like Joe’s Bar and Bistronomic. Fido to Go is Chicago’s main gourmet food truck serving canine treats at dog parks, beaches and special events.
• Boston invites pets and owners to tour the harbor by boat. Visitors can take their dog for a walk along the Freedom Trail to explore the historical sites that this city has to offer. Eat brunch with pets out on the patio of Tremont. Leashed dogs and cats are welcome on the subway.
• San Francisco provides plenty of pet-friendly dining in addition to off-leash beaches and outdoor areas. Pets are welcome to ride in the cable cars or walk alongside their owners across the Golden Gate Bridge.
• Austin offers the Zilker Botanical Gardens and Congress Avenue Bridge Bats as top-rated dog attractions, in addition to outdoor cafes and off-leash parks. Dine at Red’s Porch and Phara’s, which offer outdoor seating areas to accommodate owners and pets.
• Washington, D.C. offers a dog-friendly Capital River Cruise along the Potomac River where visitors can view the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and more. The Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial is dog friendly as well.
• Portland, Ore., is home to Lucky Labrador restaurant chain, in addition to the Rose Gardens and Saturday Outdoor Market. Pets and pet owners can stay at the Hotel Vintage Plaza.
• Charleston offers tours throughout the historic city where pets are welcome, including day tours to Boone Hall and Magnolia Plantations. Visitors can bring their pet along to the Old Charleston Ghost Tour.
• Ann Arbor invites pets for outdoor fun from dog-friendly canoeing, farms and gardens such as the Nichols Arboretum, a 123-acre botanical garden at the University of Michigan. The Canine Corral dog park is also complete with random dog toys and free dog treats, which are available at The Pet Emporium located nearby.