United Airlines has awarded
The company held a celebration this week at
The airline randomly selected 16 winning employees from more than 5,200 customer nominations submitted during the three-month nomination period of the program from October through
"I am excited to continue recognizing and rewarding our co-workers who delivered excellent service to our customers. It's our job to provide our customers with the best experience possible when they're traveling with us," said
"Mayflor was very helpful, pleasant and made me feel like I was important," said
For submitting the winning Grand Prize nomination, the airline awarded
The following employees also demonstrated outstanding customer service and received cash prizes:
$25,000 to Patty P., lead United Club representative from Houston $10,000 to Jing-Rung (Jean) L., flight attendant from Tokyo $5,000 to Francesca D., flight attendant from Newark $5,000 to Gina M., reservations agent from Detroit $5,000 to Holly D., flight attendant from Houston $2,500 to Laurie W., flight attendant from Houston $2,500 to Sally W., customer service representative from Chicago $2,500 to Janice H., sales account manager from Greensboro, North Carolina $2,500 to Paula P., flight attendant from San Francisco $2,500 to Jennifer B., customer service representative from Cleveland $2,500 to Dusty C., flight attendant from Seattle $2,500 to Maria M., flight attendant from Newark $2,500 to Melody G., flight attendant from Denver $2,500 to Debbie B., United Express flight attendant from Houston $2,500 to Maree S., flight attendant from Los Angeles
Below is a sample of comments that customers submitted about the winning employees:
- "She provided fabulous service on flight 1425. She was customer oriented with a 'can do' attitude, friendly, team player; a real role model."
- "I was traveling with a broken foot, cast, and crutches. Paula went out of her way to offer help and made sure I had a wheelchair waiting for me upon landing. Paula made my travel experience much more tolerable due to her kind heart and attention to guest needs. Thanks Paula!! You deserve to be recognized!"
- "Sally has continued to go above and beyond all the years I have known her, and all the years I have been with Global Services."
- "I enjoyed observing the fine teamwork of the flight attendants in my section. They made passengers feel special."
- "Long delay could have been a problem; this charming flight attendant kept it calm and tension free. Great Job!"
The current Outperform Recognition Program nomination period runs from
For more information on the program, including the Official Rules and eligibility requirements, visit www.united.com/outperform.
Customers may nominate employees using
Separately, United also awards cash payouts to employees for meeting on-time performance goals. Employees can also win brand new cars for achieving perfect attendance.