This week in cruise news saw Windstar Cruises and Celebrity Cruises announcing new shore experiences as Disney Cruise Line wrapped up a fitness-focus event of its own.
Windstar announced new “Island Experiences” as part of its complimentary Private Event service. The new program will be offered on every Caribbean itinerary, allowing guests to feel as though they have their “own private island” for the day.
The debut voyage to Prickly Pear Beach in the British Virgin Islands, sets sail on January 31, and will be hosted by Olympian Mark Spitz aboard the Yachtsman’s Caribbean. The medalist will be teaching swimming master classes, giving an onboard lecture, and joining guests for dinner.
Island Experience events will offer beach and sport activities, including volleyball, snorkeling and bocce ball, beach barbecues, and will even feature a “Selfie Station” where guests can take pictures of themselves that they can post using the #WindstarCruises hashtag.
Celebrity Cruises debuted new new pre-cruise experiences from 16 of its port cities as part of the “Celebrity City Stay” vacation packages.
Departure cities include Athens, Abu Dhabi, Barcelona, Hong Kong, London, Singapore and Sydney. City Stay vacation packages will feature:
· Three nights in four-star, luxury hotel accommodations with complimentary breakfast
· Transfers to and from the airport, hotel and the booked Celebrity cruise
· Full day of an in-depth fully guided City Highlights Tour and lunch
· Half day with an in-depth fully guided tour and a farewell dinner
· Dedicated Celebrity Cruises Hospitality Desk at the luxury hotel
· Classic Beverage Package for two, including wine and spirits, while sailing with Celebrity
· Families and friends in a stateroom as additional guests can receive a Classic non-alcoholic beverage package and a 40-minute internet package
On January 14, runDisney and Disney Cruise Line hosted the Inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge. The 5K running event was held on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, in the Bahamas.
Following a four-night cruise aboard the Disney Dream, which departed from Port Canaveral, Florida, featuring special activities, speakers, and exclusive Castaway Cay Challenge merchandise, race participants also received a medal to commemorate the event.
Keep visiting www.travelagentcentral.com for the latest cruise news, trends and deals.