Manchester Airport Gets New Etihad LoungeMay 3, 2010 By: Jena Tesse Fox
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced it will open a premium lounge in Manchester Airport, the third Etihad lounge to open outside of the airline’s home base in Abu Dhabi.
The new lounge, which will open late this year in Manchester Airport’s Terminal 1, is part of a gradual roll out of lounges across the airline’s network, which have already been seen in Abu Dhabi, London and Frankfurt.
The lounge will offer the airline’s premium customers a range of features, including:
* five-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine;
* a modern business centre providing individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops;
* a prayer room;
* a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies;
* a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material;
* bathrooms and shower facilities for customers to freshen up before their departure; and
* expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway.
Etihad has been operating services to Manchester since 2006 and offers connections from Manchester to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow with its codeshare partner, bmi and from Manchester to Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southampton and Inverness with its codeshare partner, Flybe. In 2009, the airline signed a three-year deal to be the official shirt sponsor and partner of English Premier League side, Manchester City.