Carnival Cruise Lines Selects New Travel Partner Advisory CommitteeApril 16, 2014 By: Newswire
Carnival Cruise Lines has appointed 23 new members to its 2014 Travel Partner Advisory Committee (TPAC). Each year, the line invites select travel partners spanning an array of agency models to participate in the committee, which was first created in 2011. The purpose of TPAC is to offer guidance related to various trade programs, tools and initiatives introduced by Carnival.
“We’re continually listening to feedback travel agents provide us through our Carnival Conversations initiatives, but oftentimes we need more concentrated guidance as it relates to new programs we’re developing for the trade,” said Mike Julius, Carnival’s senior managing director of U.S. trade sales. “Each year, we nominate new members to this select committee and look to them to be a trusted sounding board. We are very appreciative of the commitment that these members make to us.”
Members of TPAC are nominated by Julius in consultation with Justin French, managing director of Canada and international sales, and Janet Wygert, managing director of strategic accounts, who receive nominee suggestions from their respective teams.
Nominees are selected with the goal of creating a panel that reflects an array of business models that will provide balanced and objective feedback through an open exchange of ideas. Travel professionals participate in the committee for a one-year period.
Members of the 2014 Travel Partner Advisory Committee include:
- Jason Coleman, President, Jason Coleman, Inc
- Drew Daly, VP of Sales Performance, Cruise One and Cruises Inc.
- Sunni Drisgill, Owner, BTS Cruise Center of Baltimore
- Kermit Duhon, Cruise Groups Manager, Travel Machine
- Todd Elliott, President, Cruise Vacation Outlet
- Marie Emmerich, Owner, Advantage Cruises & Tours
- Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion
- Betsy Geiser, Vice President, Uniglobe Travel Center
- Marty Harris, Manager, Springdale Travel
- Rebecca Johns, President, Creative Travel
- Claire Johnson, Owner, Galvestoncruises.com
- Jill Lawyer, Operations Manager, Touraid Travel
- Patrick Luciani, Chairman, Home-Based Agent, Travel Only
- Don McCann, President, Cruise Escapes
- Cheryl Mitchell, Home-Based Agent, KHM Travel Group
- Susan Mirabito, Vice President, Travel Network
- Phillip Powell, Manager, World View Travel
- April Rose, VP of Customer Care, World Travel Holdings
- Janice Sinardi, Owner, Cruise Planners
- Sam Stamps, Owner, The Cruise Corner
- Robert Mackie, Franchise Owner, Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Susan Wright, Sales Manager, Discountcruises.com
- Amr Younes, VP Wholesaler, Encore Cruise
TPAC members will provide Carnival with feedback throughout the year and meet with Carnival quarterly. The group will be led by Julius and include a panel of other trade marketing team members, as well.