Crystal Cruises Offers New South American ItinerariesJune 11, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
Crystal Serenity's new itinerary travels around the tip of South America next winter to visit the Chilean Fjords and Puerto Chacabuco, and includes nearly 100 Crystal Adventures ashore. Sailing from Lima to Buenos Aires for the first time Feb. 2, 2013, the Crystal World Cruise segment takes guests on a 24-day journey to sites in the Southern Hemisphere, including the Seno Eyre Fjords, the landscapes and wildlife of Patagonia, the hillsides of Valparaíso and the birthplace of the tango.
- A visit to Antarctica, with a guided trek on King George Island and zodiac ride to view penguins in their natural habitat;
- Flying over the Nazca Lines, ancient geoglyph figures in the desert floor that can only be seen from above;
- An overnight option to Perito Moreno Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Rugged expeditions offer:
- Exploration of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego by horseback;
- Hiking to the mouth of the magnificent Iguazu Falls;
- Kayaking through the Strait of Magellan;
- Pitching in at a working Uruguayan ranch.
Cultural and culinary experiences range from:
- Exploring vineyards and tasting wines to visiting beachfront communities;
- Perusing local markets and taking cooking lessons with local cuisine experts to browsing the art and homes of Latin American artists such as poet Pablo Neruda; and
- Tracing the footsteps of Argentina's "Evita," to a visit to a Buenos Aires nightclub.
Until June 30, all-inclusive Book Now fares for the "Southern Fjord Exploration" start at $12,760/person, and can be combined with other World Cruise segments for greater savings. 2013's complete 74-day Grand South American Exploration sails round-trip from Miami starting Jan. 16, with a Book Now starting price of $26,970/person, double occupancy.
For more information, visit www.crystalcruises.com.