The Great American Steamboat Company has announced the 2013 schedule for the American Queen. These river voyages on the Mississippi, Ohio and Tennessee Rivers for the 2013 season will go on sale Friday, June 22, 2012.
2013 Voyage Highlights
· A total of 30 departures from Memphis and New Orleans, showcasing the Lower Mississippi’s plantations, civil war battlefields, history and Southern culture.
· Five special departures featuring Natchez’s Spring Pilgrimage Pageant.
· “Blue Hawaii,” an Elvis Tribute.
· New themes – Blues & Barbeque, Louisiana History & Culture, Mystical Krewe of Steamboating Mardi GrasSM, Dixie Fest, Southern Spirits, Gardens of the River, In the Good Old SummertimeSM, Baseball Legends, Manifest Destiny, The Great Steamboat Era and the first annual Delta Queen Steamboat Company and Paddlewheel Steamboat Society Of America Reunion voyages.
· Civil War voyage between Memphis and Chattanooga.
· More accommodations for single travelers including new Single Outside Staterooms.
· Red, White and Blue Pricing.
· Every steamboat holiday includes a free one night deluxe hotel stay in the city of embarkation, all shore tours on the SteamcoahesSM in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and a host of other amenities.
· Fares start at $1,095 per guest.
Additionally, the company is being renamed in honor of its flagship. Effective July 1, the company will be renamed the American Queen Steamboat Company.
A variety of voyage lengths, ranging from four nights to twelve nights, and fares beginning at $1,095 per guest, offers exceptional value and convenience, with little or no flying required.
For more information, visit www.GreatAmericanSteamboatCompany.com.