Royal Caribbean Partners With Food & Wine to Offer the "Art of Preparation" Video ProgramAugust 9, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
Food & Wine announced its latest online editorial section, “Masters Series: Lessons from the Experts,” highlighting experts in fields ranging from brewing to baking. Inspired by this initiative, “The Art of Preparation” is a multi-platform program featuring Food & Wine and Royal Caribbean International “Masters” in a branded content experience. Food & Wine Marketing and Mindshare co-developed “The Art of Preparation” specifically for Royal Caribbean International.
This program, which includes custom media units showcasing videos of each expert, is designed to prompt food enthusiasts to learn more about the enticing culinary experiences available onboard any Royal Caribbean’s ship. The first installment of the “The Art of Preparation” will roll out with co-branded rich media units across www.foodandwine.com, American Express Publishing sister site, www.travelandleisure.com as well as select Time Inc. websites, and will run through Dec. 2012.
Hosted by Sissy Biggers, television personality and lifestyle expert, the two minute videos feature a look into each “Masters” area of expertise. The Food & Wine Masters line-up includes:
- Brewing: Garrett Oliver (Brooklyn Brewery, NYC)
- Baking: Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito (Baked, NYC)
- Pizza: Mark Bello (Pizza a Casa Cooking School, NYC)
- Cocktails: Jim Meehan (PDT, NYC)
- Spices: Lior Lev Sercarz (La Boîte a Epice, NYC)
- Chocolate: Jean-Francois Bonnet (Tumbador, NYC)
The Royal Caribbean International masters include:
- Josef Jungwirth – Director of culinary operations and Master Chef
- Marco Marrama – Corporate executive chef
- Frank Weber – VP, food and beverage operations
- Matthias Terskow – Pastry chef and supervisor
- Fritz Halbedl – Chef and culinary consultant
- Maureen “Molly” Brandt – Chef de Cuisine, 150 Central Park
- Travis Kamiyama – Executive sushi chef, Izumi Asian Cuisine
- Chef Michael Schwartz – Chef and owner of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink and exclusive culinary partner of Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is also the presenting sponsor of the “Masters Series: Lessons from the Experts,” editorial section.
For more information, visit www.royalcaribbean.com.