Wave Season is kicking into high gear with a new travel agent sweepstakes from Carnival Cruise Line and a new set of deals from multiple cruise lines. Here’s what you need to know.
Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out Sweepstakes for Travel Agents
Carnival Cruise Line is offering travel agents the opportunity to win a $5,000 cash prize, gift cards valued at $50 and $25, as well as Carnival-branded watches and luggage tags as part of its new “Travel Agents Rock!” Wave Season sweepstakes, which runs through February 20, 2017.
New individual (FIT) bookings made through any online channel during the contest period and registered on the sweepstakes web page by February 20 will qualify for the prize giveaway.
Through this special sweepstakes promotion, travel agents can automatically win a variety of prizes. Two qualifying online bookings earn a set of “Travel Agents Rock!” luggage tags; four online bookings earn a “Travel Agents Rock!” watch; eight online bookings will result in a $25 Visa gift card and ten online bookings a $50 Visa gift card. Additionally, all travel agents who book 11 or more qualifying reservations online will be entered into a random drawing for a $5000 cash prize for each booking they make at 11 bookings and above during the contest period. Travel agents must register all qualifying bookings on the contest registration page on GoCCL.com by February 20 to receive the prizes. All prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the sweepstakes.
Royal Caribbean Offers 30 Percent Off
Royal Caribbean is offering a new “Adventure is in Full Swing” promotion for Wave Season that lets guests take advantage of up to 30 percent off regular rates.
For example, travelers can board Anthem of the Seas for a five-night sailing from Cape Liberty, New Jersey to King’s Wharf, Bermuda starting from $646. Details include:
- 30 percent off a standard cruise fare for all guests in a stateroom
- 50 percent reduced deposits
- Get up to $150 instant savings per stateroom:
- Five Nights or Less:
- Interior/Oceanview: $25 off per stateroom
- Balcony/Deluxe: $50 off per stateroom
- Six Nights or More:
- Interior/Oceanview: $50 off per stateroom
- Balcony: $100 off per stateroom
- Deluxe: $150 off per stateroom
- Five Nights or Less:
Book By Dates: Through January 31, 2017
Travel By Dates: Offer only valid for travel on or after February 4, 2017, and excludes all China departures.
Seabourn Launches 2017 Signature Savings Event
Seabourn has announced the latest version of its annual Signature Savings Event, offering savings and value-added amenities on a selection of 2017 and 2018 itineraries when booked by March 14, 2017.
- Complimentary veranda suite upgrades
- $1,000USD per suite shipboard credit for penthouse and premium suites
- $400USD per suite Ventures by Seabourn credit on 2017 Alaska voyages
- $500USD/$600CAD per person round-trip air credit
- Additional savings of up to 15 percent on Combination Voyages
- 50 percent reduced deposits
Seabourn's Signature Savings Event applies to select worldwide cruises in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Antarctica and Patagonia, Atlantic Crossings, Arabia & India, Asia, Canada & New England, the Caribbean, the Panama Canal, South America, and more.
Free Airfare From Emerald Waterways
For bookings made now through March 31, 2017, Emerald Waterways is offering guests who book a Balcony Suite, Panorama Balcony Suite, Rearview Suite, Grand Balcony Suite or Owner’s One Bedroom Suite on any 2017 Europe river cruise free round-trip airfare from major U.S. and Canadian gateways.
Guests seeking a Europe itinerary will be eligible for a reduced airfare rate of $795 per person, and guests wishing to book their own air will receive a $1,000 air credit in lieu of flights (approximately $600 for guests booking staterooms).
New options for 2017 include the eight day Secrets of Douro itinerary, sailing aboard the new Emerald Radiance and making stops in Portugal and Spain. Highlights include the Roman ruins in Lamego; Portuguese cooking and cocktail demonstrations; pre-historic carvings at the Coa Valley Museum; and dinner at a traditional local wine estate. Another new 2017 itinerary is the Sensations of Southern France voyage, sailing for eight days from Lyon to Arles along the Rhone and Saone rivers on the Emerald Liberté. Guests of this itinerary will visit several of the regions country villages to explore the history and local area castles, palaces and ruins as well as become immerse in wine and culinary offerings both onboard and on shore.
As part of Emerald’s inclusive pricing plan, cruise fares include all transfers; all onboard and some on shore meals; unlimited tea and coffee; wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner; bottled water in cabins; continental breakfasts; pre-dinner canapes and after-dinner treats in top suites; complimentary on board WiFi; most shore excursions; all on board and excursion gratuities; and even some flights, depending on the market and special offers.
To book, call 855-222-3214 or visit www.emeraldwatersways.com.
Celebrity Cruises Runs “Sail Beyond” Event
Now through January 31, Celebrity Cruises will be running the Sail Beyond Event, allowing travelers to save up to $200 per person while receiving free perks while on board. Cruises must be from February 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018.
Guests staying in any stateroom from an inside category to AquaClass will save up to $150 and will receive two free perks from: classic beverage package, unlimited Wi-Fi, prepaid tips, $150 to spend on board. Additional guests staying in the stateroom will receive a classic non-alcoholic beverage package and a 40-minute Internet package.
For those who are staying in any of the Suite Class rooms, guests will save $200 on the booking. The first two guests in the Suite Class will receive all four perks: premium beverage package, unlimited Wi-Fi, prepaid tips, and $150 to spend on board. Similarly, additional guests receive a classic non-alcoholic beverage package and a 40-minute Internet package.
The offer is good for sailings on any of Celebrity’s ships and routes, excluding transatlantic and transpacific, repositioning, and Galapagos sailings.
On top of the Sail Beyond Event, Celebrity will also be running its Go Big, Go Better, Go Best promotion for many of its 2018-19 sailings. Guests who book an oceanview stateroom or higher can “Go Big” and select a free perk (classic beverage package, unlimited high-speed internet, prepaid tips, or $150 onboard spending). “Go Better” earns guests two perks, and “Go Best” earns all four perks plus a premium beverage upgrade. Suite bookings come with all four perks for free.
Azamara Club Cruises Offers Buy One Get One
Azamara Club Cruises is offering guests half off for a second guest on cruises purchased before March 31 for voyages throughout the year as well as 2018. With the purchase of a Club Oceanview or higher stateroom, guests will also receive complimentary internet. Guests who book the back-to-back “31 Nights in the Med” voyage in July will also receive a $3,100 onboard credit per stateroom.
Highlights of the available BOGO itineraries include:
- Route of the Frankincense: Sail for an evening in the Red Sea before an overnight in Aqaba, Jordan giving travelers the chance to experience Petra, an ancient city carved into the side of the Nabateans Mountain.
- Island Voyage through Bali: Guests visit the world’s largest Buddhist monument, which takes the shape of a lotus, followed by a trip to Prambanan, considered one of the world’s most beautiful Hindu temples. Additional stops include Surabaya and a tour of villages in Bali.
- Adventure in the Algarve: The trip throughout Spain blends food, history, and nightlife. Guests will dine in Valencia, where paella was invented, then rent a bike at the Torres de Serranos to tour the City of Arts and Sciences museum complex, and end the night with a trip to the clubs. A late night in port allows for plenty of time to visit the largest Gothic building in the world in Seville and to tour Portimao, Portugal.
- From Australia to Asia: The itinerary begins in Sydney where guests are encouraged to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, touring the aboriginal galleries, and hiking the Kakadu National Park. Next, guests visit Bali to ride an elephant. This voyage is part of Azamara’s first-ever World Journey with 102 days of travel around the world.
Azamara has also announced a new offer featuring a $3,100 onboard credit per stateroom for a 31-day voyage opportunity from Greece to Rome (promotion code MED31). Savings can be made through March 31, 2017, and is combinable with the line’s Buy One Get One Half Off Plus offer. The 31 Nights in the Med offer is valid when four Azamara Quest sailings are booked concurrently for a full Mediterranean voyage. Highlights include:
- Exploring the Greek Isles & Adriatic Sea: The cobblestone streets of Koper’s Old Town; historic encounters in the Old City of Dubrovnik; a day at sea; and the Greek isles with whitewashed seaside homes highlight the journey.
- Venice and Chic Coastal Life: Guests explore the maze-like streets of Kotor and its many shops, bars, and restaurants. The sailing continues to the island of Corfu. Old Town and Liston neighborhoods are worth a stop.
- Rich History of Italy, France and Spain: First on the itinerary is the Eternal City of Rome. Guests will spend a night in each port, which also includes the French Riviera and Marseilles.
- Mediterranean Island Escapes: An island-hopping sailing around the most iconic and storied Mediterranean islands. Calls include Palma and Villa San Martino, the residence of Napoleon during his time in exile.
The line’s fleet has also recently been completely reimaged following bow to stern upgrades for a contemporary and modern look as the brand continues to enhance the onboard experience.
Poseidon Excursions Offers Savings on Fall 2017 Expeditions
Poseidon Expeditions, which focuses on polar cruise adventures, will be offering an incentive to travelers on two autumn 2017 cruises aboard the 114-guest m/v Sea Spiritinto the Southern Ocean. One cruise travels into the Antarctica Peninsula; the other spends more time exploring the lore and wildlife of Patagonia, the Falklands, and South Georgia Islands.
Guests may save from $3,000 to $8,000 per couple for the November 2017 Ultimate Wildlife Expedition: Antarctica Peninsula, South Georgia & Falkland Islands. The 20-day expedition voyage begins and ends in Ushuaia, Argentina, with rates starting at just $11,336 per person, triple occupancy, and $15,026 double occupancy.
As the name suggests, wildlife is the highlight of the itinerary. View the numerous species of birds in the Falkland’s capital city of Stanley and outer islands; South Georgia is home to an array of wildlife – seals, penguins, and albatross. Guests can learn of Grytviken’s whaling heritage and Shackleton’s exploits, where visitors can also experience an abundance of marine mammals and penguin colonies in both the mountains and glaciers.
The Best of the Southern Ocean: South Georgia & The Falklands departs October 20, 2017, and spans 19 days with rates starting at $9,995 per person per triple and $13,295 per person per double occupancy. The voyage from Puerto Madryn (in Argentine Patagonia) to Ushuaia spends six days exploring South Georgia and three days exploring the Falklands.
If booked before January 15, 2017, a complimentary full-day, pre-cruise excursion ($315 per person value) to the Peninsula Valdes Protected Nature Area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site will be included. Highlights include a Southern Right whale- and Orca-watching excursion and the hospitality of a traditional estancia for a spit-roasted lamb luncheon. The tour continues to Punta Norte, a habitat for sea lions and elephant seals. Guests return to Puerto Madryn and embark m/v Sea Spirit for the voyage to South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
The all-suite m/v Sea Spirit’s accommodations range from 215 to 463 square feet. There are two multi-purpose lounges for educational programming and entertainment, a restaurant, a library, and ample outdoor deck space. Activities directed by a team of experienced polar guides and educators include Zodiac excursions, hiking, and sea kayaking.
For inquires and reservations in North America, agents can contact the company’s sales and reservation office at SalesUSA@poseidonexpeditions.com or by telephone at 347-801-2610.
MSC Cruises Rolls Out 2017 Wave Season Offers
MSC Cruises has announced a new set of Wave Season deals to kick off 2017, including an enhanced 2 For 1 Caribbean and Europe Promo — now including reduced deposits — as well as up to $350 of added value on the line’s newest ship, MSC Seaside. In addition, as part of MSC Cruises’ Serving You initiative, travel agents will have the chance to benefit from double group amenity points on select MSC Divina Caribbean EZ Groups or receive a free Florida Motor Coach to PortMiami.
MSC Cruises 2 For 1 Cruise Deals: To celebrate Wave Season, MSC Cruises is sweetening its 2 for 1 Caribbean and Europe offers in which consumers save 50 percent off brochure rates by introducing reduced deposits of just $49 per person. Plus kids 11 and under sail free on select sailings.
Example Caribbean and Mediterranean sailings available for booking as part of the 2 for 1 deal include:
- MSC Divina on April 29, 2017: Departing from Miami, Florida, guests will sail aboard the MSC Divina with stops in Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Nassau, Bahamas – prices start at $349 per person.
- MSC Meraviglia on November 5, 2017: Departing from Genoa, Italy, guests will sail aboard the brand new next-generation MSC Meraviglia – debuting in June 2017 – with stops in Naples, Italy; Messina, Italy; Valletta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; Marseille, France – prices start at $514 per person.
For more information on the 2 For 1 Promo and to view all sailings visit https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/cruise-deals/top-deals/2-for-1-cruise-deals.aspx
Countdown to MSC Seaside with up to $350 in Value Adds: Just days away from the official one year countdown to the arrival of the MSC Seaside in Miami, MSC Cruises is celebrating with up to $350 of additional value with free shipboard credit, free Wi-Fi and free mealtime drinks on MSC Seaside depending on the category of stateroom booked. Beyond just on-board savings, guests can also take advantage of a deposit of just $49 per person.
Prices start at $539 per person.
For more information on the Countdown of MSC Seaside offer, visit https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Top-Deals/MSC-Seaside-Sale.aspx
Double Group Amenity Points on 10 & 11 Night MSC Divina Cruises: Beginning in December 2017, MSC Divina will begin offering 10- and 11-night itineraries in the Caribbean, visiting popular destinations such as Belize, Colombia and Panama.
With MSC Cruises new EZ Groups program, travel agents are already able to choose from a list of amenities to add extra perks to their group for their clients or themselves. To celebrate the cruise line’s extended itineraries in the Caribbean, MSC Cruises is now offering agents Double Group Amenity Points – or the option for Free Motor Coach service to PortMiami from multiple West or Central Florida locations – when they block their EZ Groups on MSC Divina 10 and 11 night Caribbean itineraries. Travel agents will also be able to take advantage of the Free Florida Motor Coach with FIT bookings.
Travel agents looking for more information on the Double Group Amenity Points or Free Motor Coach offer can visit http://www.msccruisesagent.com/groups.
Princess Cruises Launches Anniversary Sale
The Princess Cruises Anniversary Sale running now through February 28, 2017, offers up to $600 onboard spending money per stateroom on select cruises and cruisetours sailing to all destinations departing summer 2017 through spring 2018. Plus, those guests booking a balcony category stateroom or higher receive free specialty dining.
The Anniversary Sale gives guests booking an interior or oceanview stateroom up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom. Guests booking a balcony, mini-suite or suite receive up to $600 onboard spending money per stateroom, plus free specialty dining including third and fourth guests per stateroom.
Examples of Anniversary Sale cruise deals include:
- Alaska cruise — 7 days: $799 interior; $1,599 balcony plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
- Alaska cruisetours — 12 nights: $1,549 interior; $2,449 balcony plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
- British Isles cruise — 11 &12 days: $1,299 interior; $2,499 balcony plus receive up to $400 onboard spending money per stateroom.
- Mediterranean cruise — 7-28-days: $799 interior; $999 balcony plus receive up to $600 onboard spending money per stateroom.
- Caribbean cruise — 7 days: $799 interior per person; $1,299 balcony per person plus up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
- Mexico cruise — 7 days: $649 interior; $949 balcony plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
More information about the Princess Cruises “Anniversary Sale” can be found at princess.com/cruisedeals.
Have a tip on major travel industry news, or an inspiring story you’d like to share? Reach out at email@example.com.
And keep visiting www.travelagentcentral.com for the latest travel industry news, trends and updates.