Malaysia Airlines launched its MAS Stimulus Package today, offering nine deals that cover first, business and economy class travel. The offering covers seven deals for economy class travel, and one each for business and first class. In addition, the MAS Stimulus Package covers domestic, ASEAN and international travel.
Malaysia Airlines Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, Dato’ Sri Idris Jala said, “Customers are the ones to truly benefit during this time as we are looking for innovative ways to boost load factors and revenue. While we cannot control the operating environment, we can control the way we run our business. These deals have been tailored to meet what the customers want and stimulate travel demand."
The deals under the MAS Stimulus Package are as follows:
First and Business Class
1. Premium Match
* Malaysia Airlines will match the price of one’s previous travel on another airline for flights above three hours in First and Business Class for Asean and International travel
2. Business Companion
* 50 percent discount is offered for your companion’s business class travel on domestic, Asean and International travel
3. Economy +
* Pay economy class fares but enjoy business class travel privileges including access to the lounges and accrual of Enrich miles on domestic, Asean and international travel
4. Balik Kampung
* Travel during weekends and enjoy all-inclusive RM69 fares for travel within the Peninsular and within East Malaysia or RM99 for travel between East and West Malaysia on domestic only
5. Weekend Getaway
* Special fares for long weekend travel for Asean travel
6. Kids Fly Free
* For every two adult economy class tickets purchased, a child below 12 years old travels for free on domestic and Asean travel
7. MHFlex, 1+1
* Purchase one economy class ticket, and your companion gets a free ticket on flights operated by Malaysia Airlines on domestic and Asean travel
8. 80 percent discounts off domestic & Asean
* Enjoy low fares when you book online for domestic and Asean travel
9. Grab-A- Deal
* Special fares for selected destinations are available online from time to time on domestic, Asean and tnternational travel
The Grab-A- Deal and Balik Kampung fares which have been available online since March have been very popular among customers.
“In just slightly over a month, sales for Grab-A- Deal and Balik Kampung have hit more than RM17.5 million—RM12 million for Grab-A- Deal, and more than RM5.5 million for Balik Kampung. That’s incredible considering the economic situation we are in. This shows that if you give the public what they want – they will travel,” Jala also said.
The national carrier is also playing its part in promoting domestic tourism. “Seven of the nine fare options are available for domestic travel. Balik Kampung which is only for domestic travel has been selling like hot cakes, and the seats are sold out for the next 2 months,” he also said.
The other six fare options available for domestic travel are Business Companion, Economy+, Kids Fly Free, MHFlex 1+1, 80% off domestic & Asean and Grab-A-Deal.
The sales and travel period of the deals differ. For more information, please visit malaysiaairlines.com.